TRIAX MD103T Support - with Soundbar! Setup....

Funkyfin2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a specific issue with a Humax 1010S box and Triax MOD103T that I'm using to push HD signal around the house with.

I already had a previous setup with an old TRIAX box with SD signal but wanted to upgrade. Essentially I have three TV's - Two in the bedrooms with magic eyes on and connected to a booster in the loft, which then feed down to the aerial socket in the lounge with the TV and Humax box.

I firstly, setup up the new MOD103T with the Humax box plugged into the input and the 9v COAX out to the other TV's and everything worked fine - of course my current lounge TV wasn't working as it wasn't plugged in to anything.

I then presumed I'd need to use the HDMI pass through for the existing lounge TV. The added complication here is that I have a Yamaha sound bar - this has all the different inputs running through it (HDMI1-3) and an ARC Output that currently goes to my Lounge TV HDMI In.

So - i set it up by putting the HUMAX box to the Sound Bar - then bringing the Sound Bar output (ARC) to the HDMI INPUT on the TRIAX and then the Passthrough to the TV.

TV signal is found on both the bedroom TV's but no sound - also if I turn off the soundbar, it turns off the video on the TV's in the bedrooms (Presuming that's the ARC)

I did change a setting on the Yamaha soundbar which just switched the audio between the lounge TV and the bedroom TV's but not both at the same time.

Any ideas or thoughts on what I should be doing to get it running? Do I need to use the COAX out to the Lounge telly from the TRIAX?

Any help appreciated team! :)

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Why not the more normal connection of 1000S->triax modulator-> soundbar input? (Rather than 1000s->soundbar-> modulator -> TV)
The above assumes you only want the Sat PVR seen in the other rooms? If you want the soundbar to act as a hdmi switch to view all the inputs to it, then "I'm out" as I dunno about that.

NB You need to set the PVR to output stereo only for the Triax to work as it cannot understand 5.1 sound from HD channels.

Hi @Rodders53 - cheers for that.

I've got things to work actually - BUT the only issue is, if someone is using the soundbar for a different input in the lounge - the sound doesn't come out on any of the TV's around the house - only the picture of the HUMAX.

Just so I understand right then.......

HDMI out from Humax1010S to the TRIAX....... and then send the TRIAX Output connection to the SOUNDBAR HDMI1 input?

Hopefully got that right?

Rodders! Thank you for yuor help! All is well and fixed! Perfect :)

Just the remote is slow to respond but I see that's an issue for all - I'll see if there's firmware upgrade maybe!

Taa

Why not the more normal connection of 1000S->triax modulator-> soundbar input? (Rather than 1000s->soundbar-> modulator -> TV)
The above assumes you only want the Sat PVR seen in the other rooms? If you want the soundbar to act as a hdmi switch to view all the inputs to it, then "I'm out" as I dunno about that.

NB You need to set the PVR to output stereo only for the Triax to work as it cannot understand 5.1 sound from HD channels.
Could i just ask - does this affect the HDMI passthrough too? So will I lose 5.1 sound from my lounge to enable HD pictures and 2 channel sound in my bedroom?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom