1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triax 100 Element Aerial! Class A

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bluelaser, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Bluelaser

Bluelaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all :)

I have just had a triax 100 element class A aerial installed, and it is 2.9 meters long / 10 foot. It is on a 10 foot pole also and on T + K brackets. (2) - It is drilled into the brick, not mortar. Am getting 50 db lowest from crystal palace --> 15 db 4 way triax (322) amp = 65 db at digibox. - Fine. (For Digital - Freeview)
    In light winds the aerial moves about quite a bit, have not had any heavy winds yet! It has an acceptance angle of -/+ 11o. The thing is if in keeps moving, side to side and up and down in the winds, due to the narrow angle wont the pucture break up on freeview?

Please advise.

2. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a similar installation and don't get any problems in high winds, even though my aerial - on a 20-foot pole! - moves around a fair bit. My home is 30 miles from Crystal Palace, a bit further away than you I think.

3. Bluelaser

Bluelaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No mate, I am 38 miles away from crystal palace. What aerial do you use?

4. Bluelaser

Bluelaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also another thing, I got a CAI man to put it up, do you think I got a good deal:
    I bought the triax 100 element aerial A from cpc - £32 inc. Vat
    And 100meters of PF100 cable - £24 inc. Vat

Install:
    Install Aerial and align, on a 10 foot aluminium shiny pole (£11) on T + K brackets (£9) - Total £95.00
    Install triax 4 way (£15) Masthead Amp and (£5) Power box and plug in all wires - Total £69.00
    Run my cable to 3 tv's, £25 a tv = 3 x 25 = £75.00

Total = 32 + 24 + 95 + 69 + 75 = £295.00, but add on vat and -/+ paying in cash discount = £310.00 inc. Vat.
    Do you think I got a good deal?

Steve

5. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the same aerial as you and a masthead amp. I paid about the same as you. I wouldn't say it's cheap, but if you're as satisfied with your installation as I am with mine I'd suggest it's good value. My installer was Reading Aerial Services (CAI) and I was very pleased with them but someone I recommended them to has had not quite as happy an experience. 38 miles eh? Was Hannington not an option?

6. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I hope they used 2inch diam rather than inch and a half. This prevents a bit of wobble.