Triangle Elara LN01A or Q Acoustics M20?

rrff

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to these forums and I was very impressed by the quality of the information you provide.

I am in the market for a set of powered speakers with internal DAC, Bluetooth and a line in port to add a Wiim Mini streamer. I am between two options right now: the Triangle Elara LN01A and the Q Acoustics M20. I intend to listen in my living room, which is about 2.5m x 2.5m. I will mostly be connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth, but I will also be acquiring a NAS server with good quality mp3s in the future. Hence, the Wiim Mini.

I found some reviews of the LN01As and I was almost sold on them, as they are retailing now for about GBP 480. The original price was GBP 600. The M20s, however, are retailing for GBP 380, with outstanding reviews. The question is, given the new price points, which speakers would you recommend for someone who will not be upgrading components and is looking for the best bang for buck for around GBP 500? I am open to other suggestions, but I think my budget will not allow for passive speakers with a dedicated amp that allows for Bluetooth and line in/Wi Fi.

Thank you!

Unless you can get to hear both practically side by side, just to determine if you have a preference, I wouldn’t really worry about it.

Both QA and Triangle are hugely experienced companies without a bad review between them.

Quite the opposite.

I can only imagine you’d be very pleased with either.

Unless you can get to hear both practically side by side, just to determine if you have a preference, I wouldn’t really worry about it.

Both QA and Triangle are hugely experienced companies without a bad review between them.

Quite the opposite.

I can only imagine you’d be very pleased with either.
Thanks for sharing your opinion! If no one can offer a good reason for choosing the Triangles over the QAs, I might buy the QAs and save a bit of money.

However, I think I’d rather spend my money on one of these (assuming you’re happy buying used). They really are very good indeed.

And these.

A bit more than your budget, but serious hifi. And better, I’d say, than both the eithe the QA and the Triangles.

Proper active speakers are a blessing at this budget level.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
And if your budget really is tight I’d also consider these.

Everything you need and a great speaker by all accounts.

They are also genuinely active speakers and not merely passive with an amp built in like the QAs and Triangles.

And these are a silly price.

Would the Edifier models be significantly better than the M20? I found a good price for the S2000 MKIII Edifier S2000 Mk III 2.0 Active Monitor Speakers (S2000MKIII)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom