Triangle Borea BR08 Floorstanding Speaker Review & Comments

Do these speakers come with bi-wire terminals?
I couldn't see any reference to that in your review. Unless I missed it.

@DB9S - quote from review "Connection is via a single pair of reasonably solid speaker terminals mounted at the foot of the cabinet for neatness."

So does not look like it.

@DB9S - quote from review "Connection is via a single pair of reasonably solid speaker terminals mounted at the foot of the cabinet for neatness."

So does not look like it.
Bum. Thanks.

@DB9S any reason why you want biwire posts, in my experience so long as you use a wire of 13AWG/2.5sq.mm cross section and it is OFC bi-wiring adds nothing to the sound. Bi-amping may add a little but it is marginal at normal listening levels and very amp/speaker dependent.

Last edited:
It is simply what I am used to and would look for in a speaker. I like to have the choice. :)

I'm currently looking for some new speakers to upgrade from my q3050s for my 40th, and these are one of many on my list, so thanks for the review.

Great review. I really like the idea of a wooden finish. It's not that easy to merge wood with modern audio design, but in this case, the matching is flawless.

Did you have a chance to listen Borea BR08 / BR07 compared to Dali Oberon 7 / Oberon 5 and what is your opinion on these?
I am currently looking for new speakers and these are on my shortlist.

Thank you for good review.

Nice review. Clearly an accomplished speaker. Baffled as to why some might call it a 3.5-way design rather than a 3-way design though.

Have just ordered myself a pair. Love the design of these. Hope they sound as good as you say. Great review.

Have just ordered myself a pair. Love the design of these. Hope they sound as good as you say. Great review.
Interested to hear what you make of them.

Did you also test the borea center speaker ? And how would you compare this to kef 750 and Dali Oberon 7

Am I correct saying that they need a larger room to shine? I wonder how big is your listening room?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom