Trials Fusion

It's the 18th according to all release stuff I can see but if you mean will it be out digitally on the 18th, it should be MS have done a good job of making nearly every game DD on day 1.
I was under the impression the release date was the 16th April. I see Amazon have it listed as the 16th and the developers website, Red Lynx, also says the 16th.

According to GameSpot:

Trials Fusion will hit digital stores on April 16 and retail shelves on April 18 in the UK, publisher Ubisoft announced today. The digital version will cost £15.99. No price was revealed for the retail version. In the United States, Trials Fusion will launch April 16 and the digital version for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC will sell for $20. A physical version for Xbox One and PS4 will be available at retail for $40 in the US.

Not sure whether it's just my local store (Hanley, Stoke on Trent) but Trials Fusion is going to be available to play instore at Game this coming Saturday, 12th April.

Still undecided whether to get this, TBH. I played the first two but am not very good at it and hit a difficulty wall around the later Medium/earlier Hard tracks. As a result, I played them for a week or two and have barely been back since. I fear this one will not be any different. Having said that, I did enjoy them - if you call getting frustrated to the point of rage-quitting enjoyment ;) :D
Ditto exactly the same for me, the early hard levels really ramp up my tourettes problem.
But I desperately want something new so I'll give it a punt.

I have just read the above and I honestly can't understand it. It's not as if trials is a demanding game is it??

Anyone any ideas why this is??

PS4 and Xbox One graphics disparity continues: Trials Fusion runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb
Forza is a more demanding game than Trials and they managed 1080p with that so it does make you wonder if this is down to the developer or the Xbox.
I can understand earlier and more technical games to develop being at a slightly lower resolution but this is essentially an arcade game so from my point of view its very disappointing.

Wouldn't it be great if a Games Site reported it like, 'Higher Res on PS4 but don't worry the game is great and looks great on both !'

I have just read the above and I honestly can't understand it. It's not as if trials is a demanding game is it??

Anyone any ideas why this is??

PS4 and Xbox One graphics disparity continues: Trials Fusion runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb

No but it's vsync locked at 60fps and has decent AA so perhaps after they loaded up all the shaders they could not guarantee no frame drops so the resolution went down.

I believe one if the Dev team has given an interview on it, we should keep ow more soon as they are fairly chatty.

Wouldn't it be great if a Games Site reported it like, 'Higher Res on PS4 but don't worry the game is great and looks great on both !'

Ive really got fed up of all this resolutions arguments and fps comparisons.

Its only before release this seams to crop up, once a game is out no one is bothered or even talking about it.

Its awful, crap & lazy journalism, and i think its because journalism are feeling left out these days.

When any new info from a game leaks its all over twitter before any journalism can get their hands on a exclusive. So what have they got to tell us about new games we dont already know? They know it creates chat amongst gamer because its causes conflict and favoritism of consoles. Which is all clicks for their website.

Eurogamer are the worse so ive unfollowed em.

Ive really got fed up of all this resolutions arguments and fps comparisons.

Its only before release this seams to crop up, once a game is out no one is bothered or even talking about it.

Its awful, crap & lazy journalism, and i think its because journalism are feeling left out these days.

When any new info from a game leaks its all over twitter before any journalism can get their hands on a exclusive. So what have they got to tell us about new games we dont already know? They know it creates chat amongst gamer because its causes conflict and favoritism of consoles. Which is all clicks for their website.

Eurogamer are the worse so ive unfollowed em.

I think its still quite newsworthy in general though - and too be fair to Eurogamer, they do follow up with a detailed technical breakdown of most games across all platforms which should sait those wanting to justify their reasons.

I'll be honest, whether it makes a difference or not (the res/frame rate), these stories do make me make a decision and that told, I'll be getting Trials on PS4...

I'm not too fussed about all these resolution stories but this news is quite unbelievable if I'm honest. How on earth can a £400+ machine not run trials at 1080p/60??

We have not heard from the developer, it is strange as they are the same developer who said how the ESRAM was perfectly viable for 1080 and gave render target sizes you would use to do it.

This is their first multi platform game however so who knows what other requirements they had to deal with rather than platform specific tuning.

I think they wanted the ps4 and Xbox to be technologically the same, so less console specific tweaks, part of the multi format strategy I suppose, hopefully we will see more soon.

From one of the developers on their forum:

I can confirm the rendering resolution difference between the next generation consoles. However in our case, the difference between the next generation platforms is very small. We are running exactly the same shaders/effects without any difference in quality on both platforms. Antialiasing and texture filtering quality is also identical. Neither console has any advantage in frame rate (vsync locked 60 fps on both). Xbox 360 is also vsync locked 60 fps. All three are butter smooth and offer the same high quality Trials game play.
I have been playing the game myself on an Ultrabook (ultra lightweight laptop). The recent PC beta patch improved the frame rate on low end GPUs by 40%, and this means that my laptop now runs the game at locked 60 fps (1600x900 resolution, "Normal" settings). We are trying to scale the PC version hardware requirements even lower in future patches to allow more people to enjoy the game the way it's supposed to be enjoyed (at vsync locked 60 fps). Rest assured that we care about all these four platforms and continue to support all of them for a long time.

Killzone is 30 fps in single player mode, and the multiplayer mode frequently drops to 40-50fps. COD Ghosts is more stable, but it also drops quite frequently to ~50 fps. Infamous Second Son runs at around 30-40 fps. Titanfall on Xbox One dips down to ~30 fps in heavy firefight (but most often runs at around 40-50 fps) and their resolution is quite low 792p.
We are 60 fps locked on all consoles (1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One). Sure some of the other next gen games might have slightly more bells and whistles, but for our game locked 60 fps is the best choice, because our game play is fully physically based and requires quick reaction time. Game play is the most important thing for us.

Can't agree more with the last statement.

oh and this:
Trials Fusion for the PS4 isn't 1080p native anyway. It's 900p upscaled to 1080p

That's exactly what I thought when I read that, Barney - I assumed I had misunderstood the article I had read yesterday though that said it was 900p native upscale to 1080p by the console.

I really don't know how much of this hardware differential furore is games site click-bait and how much of it is actually a real practical issue that I would be able to discern if I had both consoles running in front of me....

This is tempting - I couldn't care less about resolution as long as it plays well. My issue is playing time and swearing. I'm already pretty near an aneurysm thanks to Battlefield 4 - this might tip me over the edge...

Sounds stupid but for the 1st time for me, iam buying both ps4 and one versions.
Going to compare both visually and for joypad feel. I want the definitive Trials experience, past games are that good. Must have have stuck 100-200 hours into these.
The game is a steal at £16 anyway, i'll know within 10 mins which is the best platform regarding visuals and feel of the throttle on right trigger.

Personally as much as i love the ps4 pad, the one pad could be better as similar to the 360 pad for this title.

Me too, im renting both versions, but i think the analog triggers of the xb1 will feel better, does it have any trigger rumble in this game? could be useful for feeling grip.

From one of the developers on their forum:

Your quote about the game being 900p upscaled to 1080p on ps4 is from a member of the forums not one of the developers. One of the developers confirmed the resolution differences on the first page.

Fusion resolution differences: PS4-1080p; XB1 900p - confirmed? | Forums

I can confirm the rendering resolution difference between the next generation consoles. However in our case, the difference between the next generation platforms is very small. We are running exactly the same shaders/effects without any difference in quality on both platforms. Antialiasing and texture filtering quality is also identical. Neither console has any advantage in frame rate (vsync locked 60 fps on both)

I'm going XB1 for this simply because of the triggers. Haven't played Trials for a while so looking forward to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom