• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Triad Owners

hoppaz

Prominent Member
Any UK or European owners / ex-owners of these speakers? If so I would love to hear your thoughts as I have been running a front "bronze" lcr setup and must say they are rather good.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
falcon had some gold lcrs and I think he's now running some mini gold Triads!

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Thanks I thought Matt was a M&K/KK fanboi/user

Well he's a KK fan and a Triad fan..and there's nothing wrong with that, variety is the spice of life:thumbsup:

hoppaz

Prominent Member
Thanks. Just to add I obviously take great interest in home cinema so have read many a good thing about this range over the years on both sides of the pond. I managed to pick up a front set ex demo for very little money with new silver onwall surrounds from an ex Distributor in Holland and they are "accurate". Very good.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Just to add I obviously take great interest in home cinema so have read many a good thing about this range over the years on both sides of the pond. I managed to pick up a front set ex demo for very little money with new silver onwall surrounds from an ex Distributor in Holland and they are "accurate". Very good.

I've not heard any in person, but had a read of some parts if the AVS thread..they do get a very good write up:smashin:

Thanks I thought Matt was a M&K/KK fanboi/user

To put the record straight, I'm not really a fanboy of any particular brand - just movies and home cinema in general. If I was an M&K fanboy, I would not have Triads. If I was a KK fanboy, I would have replaced my Triads with a Q125 package.

But anyway, I have been a Triad owner for 6 years now. I chose the Triad Gold speakers over M&K S150's because (in my opinion) there really was no competition at all between them. Last year I replaced 2x Gold LCR's and a Gold Centre with Gold Monitors, which further improved the performance of my system.

I am looking forward to what Ken releases above the Q125's, and they will be compared in detail to my Triads. But, for now, my Gold Monitors aren't going anywhere. :)

hoppaz

Prominent Member
To put the record straight, I'm not really a fanboy of any particular brand - just movies and home cinema in general. If I was an M&K fanboy, I would not have Triads. If I was a KK fanboy, I would have replaced my Triads with a Q125 package.

But anyway, I have been a Triad owner for 6 years now. I chose the Triad Gold speakers over M&K S150's because (in my opinion) there really was no competition at all between them. Last year I replaced 2x Gold LCR's and a Gold Centre with Gold Monitors, which further improved the performance of my system.

I am looking forward to what Ken releases above the Q125's, and they will be compared in detail to my Triads. But, for now, my Gold Monitors aren't going anywhere. :)

Thanks Matt. It appears we do have something in common :D

Just to clarify you went from the Gold Inroom lcr to the Inroom monitors? Crikey the Inroom Golds must have been huge? The triad website has them at around 80 by 30 by 30cm?

I have the Andrew Marr show on and Sophie Raworth coughed and the right speaker made me jump with how sharp and accurate it was (she obviously did it out of the blue and uncontrollably). The volume is rather low too.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Poor old Andy Marr I am glad he is on the mend but by the look of him today it will be quite a while before he is back to normal if indeed he ever is.

Thanks Matt. It appears we do have something in common :D

Just to clarify you went from the Gold Inroom lcr to the Inroom monitors? Crikey the Inroom Golds must have been huge? The triad website has them at around 80 by 30 by 30cm?

I have the Andrew Marr show on and Sophie Raworth coughed and the right speaker made me jump with how sharp and accurate it was (she obviously did it out of the blue and uncontrollably). The volume is rather low too.

I guess you could say the Gold LCR's were pretty big compared to some. Before that I had the Kef TDM package though, which were similar in height and width but not quite as deep, so it wasn't really on my mind. I've never really took much notice of speaker size, I've always gone by the performance.

I've just upgraded my speaker cables and, although I'm not going to say what I've bought and get into a discussion about them on here, the difference is pretty staggering. I know many people (even me) mostly use big explosions and loud scenes for demos and to test components or systems, but some of the subtle details and their placement now seem quite unbelievable at times.

For years, my system had been lacking for music. But changes made over the past year has given me the kind of performance that I have never experienced before, and one that I now really do enjoy more than I thought possible - on any Home Cinema system. This was down to purchasing the Gold Monitors, getting the right Pre-Pro and Power Amp, then recently replacing all of my cabling - HDMI's, Interconnects and Speaker Cables.

One of my system/component tests is the opening credits on Fight Club. On a decent system the track sounds great. But it sounds pretty messy otherwise. I used to think it was supposed to sound a bit of a mess, until I started making improvements and it began to get better and better.

Smccarthy

Standard Member
Hi All,

I am searching for more information about triad speakers as noticed complete set of Silver monitors on ebay. Just want to ask if anyone have any experience with this particular model. They seems to be pretty expensive and did get good reviews, but it would be nice to hear from someone who actually heard them or similar models.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom