• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Triad gold series vs Mk sound s150 mk2 series

cinemapro

Banned
hi guys just want to ask opinions on these two types of speakers.

Triad Gold in room LCR and Triad Gold on wall surrounds vs mk sound s150 mk2 and ss150 mk2

Col1971

Standard Member
This is very much an MK forum as the UK dealers are very active and do a good marketing job. That is not necessarily a bad thing though as MK speakers are good (i own them myself).
I am not familiar with the gold onwalls but the in room are good speakers but are large. If you can accommodate big speakers then I think they always have an advantage over smaller satellites even with modern eq and high end subwoofers. I'm not sure where you would demo them in the UK or what the current prices are. I heard them when in the US and they were pretty popular there.
You should have no issue finding the MK to demo in the UK and they have some very good practical options for a typical UK sized rooms. The MP950 looks to be a good addition to the range.

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The MK S150's are an incredible speaker. We supply and install many of them.

The Triads are very good speakers. We can and have supplied in the past.

Our preference is for the MK's as we find them more detailed and a matched MK system is hard to beat.

I would recommend getting a dem of both brands.

More than happy to arrange an MK dem.

Triad is now distributed by Control4 so not sure where these can now be demoed.

indus

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom