Tri-amping experts ... Help!

uaeproz

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm building a system and ordered most of it:
- 2x XTZ Divine 100.49 for LR. (ordered)
- 5x XTZ Divine 100.33 for the Center, Surround and back. (ordered)
- 5x XTZ floor stands for the Divine 100.33. (ordered)
- 1x XTZ Room Analyzer II Pro. (ordered)
- 2x SVS PB13-ultra subwoofers (received).
- 1x RANE AC 23S crossover (received).
- 1x ATI AT1804 power amp. (planning to order this amp - or 2x AT1202). 4 channels will be connected to the crossover 2 channels for the tweeter + 2 channels for the midrange drivers on the 100.49
- 1x ATI AT3007 power amp. (received). This will be connected to all 100.33s - 2 remaining channels will be connected to the crossover and will be dedicated for the woofers on 100.49
- I still need to decide on the processor.

I want to actively amp the 100.49s (safely) cause the amps are outputting more power than the drivers:
- The tweeter is rated: 80w RMS and the amp is rated 180w RMS.
- The midrange is rated: 120w RMS and the amp is rated 180w RMS.
- The midrange is rated: 125w RMS and the amp is rated 300w RMS.

Hence, I need to protect the drivers by setting low (-) dB gain on the processor. What do you suggest?

PS: I know many of you would advise to try to use the passive x-over and I will but I also want to see the 100.49 potential.

You know, I don't think it matters where you live, I think I'll know when you fire this lot up!

I don't know the answers to your questions but I'm fascinated by the kitlist! Any pics please?

You know, I don't think it matters where you live, I think I'll know when you fire this lot up!

I don't know the answers to your questions but I'm fascinated by the kitlist! Any pics please?

Thanks man :)

The speakers are on it's way to me. Can't wait to see them myself. In few weeks, I will be able to upload some pics.

I've received the Subs + the amp.

Yeah 2 SVS PB13- Ultra!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 91
Thats some sexy gloss black bass lovin' right there!

The speakers are also in Gloss Black. I have attached a pic on how the front side of my system is supposed to look like:

Attachments

• prod_9.jpg
    prod_9.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 145
Those speakers do look nice, but I dare not ask the price.

Aye carumba! Those look awesome.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom