Tremors 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Simon.....love this film, having first seen it on VHS. I have the HDDVD of this, so may be an upgrade. December is a killer month for 4k releases !!!

Clock'd 0ne

Great review, I'm glad to see they've treated one of my childhood favourites with so much respect. I can't wait to receive my set!

Fake Shempz

One of the best budget horrors ever. Great acting (just the right amount of overacting from the entire cast), great humour and just great fun all round.

The movie itself is unmissable for me - just so glad the 4K does it proud. Really cannot wait for my pre-order to arrive.

....now, do I order another copy and keep one sealed!

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I haven't watched this film in years. I have the Blu-ray which has been sitting in front of me for maybe 2 years. I'm guessing that's because I really want to watch this film again. I think I'm about to fail again at reducing my disc collection. The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is that I just want the disc, not all the other gumpf.

Last edited:

666Si

Standard Member
They fill a few hours in definetly seen worse films I got the 6 film blu ray steelbook box set cheap from zavvi.

7th is only just out

Kingchin

Was always a favourite, just a good fun movie. Can't wait for my pre-ordered Arrow 4k Tremors 4k blu ray to arrive.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Arrow have taken the money for my set so it should be shipping soon :)

I have to admit that I'm not keen on Arrow not including the BD in their UHD sets. They would probably shift a lot more copies.

mr.black79

I haven't watched this film in years. I have the Blu-ray which has been sitting in front of me for maybe 2 years. I'm guessing that's because I really want to watch this film again. I think I'm about to fail again at reducing my disc collection. The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is that I just want the disc, not all the other gumpf.
Same here, tempted to order would rather just have the disc.

RetroDaz

Arrow have taken the money for my set so it should be shipping soon :)

I have to admit that I'm not keen on Arrow not including the BD in their UHD sets. They would probably shift a lot more copies.
True, but at least the add the extras. There's nothing worse than listening to a commentary on the blu-ray when you know you own a better version you could be watching. It's such an odd decision so many companies make. I wonder if they're scared of people complaining for including non-4k content?

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
True, but at least the add the extras. There's nothing worse than listening to a commentary on the blu-ray when you know you own a better version you could be watching. It's such an odd decision so many companies make. I wonder if they're scared of people complaining for including non-4k content?
Good point. I think I have 3 (or 4) of the Arrow UHDs so far (with more on pre-order) and with the SS Dawn of the Dead UHD set I suspect it'll be the norm for boutique labels.

richp007

Distinguished Member
An absolute classic this. One of the all time great 'B' movies.

Still think Bacon and Ward where an absolutely brilliant partnership as well. Such a shame Bacon never returned for even just one more.

unground

I must have missed something somewhere. The review indicates there is a bare bones UHD (sans tat) available but I can only find the Ltd Ed one listed. Is Arrow due to release a cheaper tat-free version?

I'm on the verge of pushing the button because I need this obvs, but ideally minus the recycling.

Captain Ron

Great review! Love this film. Ordered!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Guessing Zavvi customers will be getting emails in the next few days.

Looking forward to watching again. Last time was on the Beeb in SD, so this viewing is probably going to blow my socks off :clap:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Bye bye horrifically processed/sharpened HD DVD!

Vivian.gif

Kingchin

I must have missed something somewhere. The review indicates there is a bare bones UHD (sans tat) available but I can only find the Ltd Ed one listed. Is Arrow due to release a cheaper tat-free version?

I'm on the verge of pushing the button because I need this obvs, but ideally minus the recycling.
The review doesn't say anything about a barebones 4k blu ray release of Tremors. You have to remember Arrow are a small boutique label.

A bit more expensive limited editions keep them in business, also quite a lot of collectors love buying them, it's not tat to them.

Arrow will likely release a barebones 4k blu ray of Tremors next year without all the extras. Maybe in 3, 6 months time or longer.

unground

The review doesn't say anything about a barebones 4k blu ray release of Tremors. You have to remember Arrow are a small boutique label.

A bit more expensive limited editions keep them in business, also quite a lot of collectors love buying them, it's not tat to them.

Arrow will likely release a barebones 4k blu ray of Tremors next year without all the extras. Maybe in 3, 6 months time or longer.
Ah, I initially read the differentiation between the extras on the disc and the extras in the pack as indicating the availability of two separate versions. My error.

Fully appreciate the need for premium releases and the snarky tat reference was in jest. I have in fact already ordered it, as I say it's a must buy as far as I'm concerned, with or without the additional material, and a few quid extra to support these releases is money well spent I agree. Although I'd still prefer without :)

Kingchin

Ah, I initially read the differentiation between the extras on the disc and the extras in the pack as indicating the availability of two separate versions. My error.

Fully appreciate the need for premium releases and the snarky tat reference was in jest. I have in fact already ordered it, as I say it's a must buy as far as I'm concerned, with or without the additional material, and a few quid extra to support these releases is money well spent I agree. Although I'd still prefer without :)
I also prefer barebones releases with the odd exception, I very rarely watch the extras, or want the collectables though collectors like them. I do like steelbooks though.

I don't mind paying slightly more for films I really like. If it means Arrow and the other small companies stay afloat and keep putting out movies on physical disc.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett