Treme - new series from the creators of The Wire

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it proves to be as high quality as their previous collaborations :thumbsup:

Treme is an upcoming American drama television series created by David Simon and Eric Overmyer. The series takes place three months after Hurricane Katrina where the residents of New Orleans, including musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians and ordinary New Orleanian try to rebuild their lives, their homes and their unique culture in the aftermath of the 2005 hurricane.The series is scheduled to premiere in April 2010 on HBO.The first season will consist of 10 episodes, including an 80-minute pilot episode.

HBO: Treme

YouTube - Treme: Instrument Promo (HBO)

Any news on a UK air date?

Apparently one of the writers from this series, the Wire and ER has died

Looks interesting, will check it out.

Anyone heard if this is coming to a UK channel soon?

Now I have Sky HD I may wait to watch it if it is on any of the HD channels

Anyone heard if this is coming to a UK channel soon?

Now I have Sky HD I may wait to watch it if it is on any of the HD channels

The article in the Guardian states late 2010

it's pretty good stuff. it's going to draw the same similarities to the wire as pacific and band of brothers. there are a few wire cast members etc, the look and direction is similar. great cast, great setting, i'm looking forward to seeing more. the making of is more of a promo type thing with the cast and crew all saying how wonderful it was to slap backs with everyone and how great the people of new orleans are etc. it's just one of those dvd extra type things that no-one watches

the music was pretty good though

i had a chance to go to new orleans for mardi gras once, but went to chitown instead so i could easy to go the twin cities. i thought i could go to NO anytime, i never imagined they would suffer a worse devastation than 911. the closest i got was front row at an impromptu dr john gig. nearly 70 and he played for about 4 hours that night

it would be cool to have a new orleans style funeral

Episode 1: Do You Know What It Means - 8/10

Im going to give a few episodes a go, but not sure its for me. The first episode was better than i expected.

HBO's new drama 'Treme' renewed for 2nd season

HBO says its new drama "Treme" (truh-MAY') has been picked up for a second season just days after its series premiere.

The show is set in New Orleans in fall 2005, three months after Hurricane Katrina. "Treme" tracks the lives of a diverse group of residents as they rebuild their lives and the neighborhood that lends the show its name. Cast members include Wendell Pierce, Kim Dickens, Melissa Leo and John Goodman.

The series was co-created by David Simon, whose past credits include HBO's acclaimed "The Wire," "Generation Kill" and "The Corner."
HBO announced Tuesday that production will resume in New Orleans this fall.

"Treme" attracted 1.4 million viewers for its debut. It airs at 10 p.m. Sunday.

Episode 1: Do You Know What It Means - 8/10

Im going to give a few episodes a go, but not sure its for me. The first episode was better than i expected.
Enjoyed it but have no idea what this series is going to be about.

Episode 2: Meet De Boys on the Battlefront

It was ok, but i don't think i carry on watching this anymore or im just not sure.

Episode 2: Meet De Boys on the Battlefront

It was ok, but i don't think i carry on watching this anymore or im just not sure.

i'm really enjoying it, great cast and music, well written, acted and directed

Still can't say I know what this show is about, maybe it's all about the Indians?

I enjoyed season 1, great characters and music .... but I have been very put off by Melissa Leo due to her cringeworthy campaigning for her Oscar (studios normally put up those ridiculous For Your Consideration ads, but she also personally advertised in the trade papers)

I loved the way it portrayed the fusion of cultures in New Orleans and the aftermath of hurricane katrina and the way people dealt with it. The music was great too! I was not sure it needed a second series but after watching those trailers i'm really looking forward to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom