TrekUnited - saving Star Trek Enterprise

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by bedders, Mar 28, 2005.

1. bedders

bedders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    That news is about two months old mate.

3. bedders

bedders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Maybe so, but I couldn't find any sign of it in the forums when I did a search. So I posted it as news for Star Trek fans that maybe hadn't heard the sad news about Enterprise series 5.

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    enterprise series 5 is never going to happen, not never, not no how ,not at all, not a chance, nicks, nada, nope.
    The final episode will kill the franchise dead, it will be a big $%$~# you to the fans as it turns out that SPOLIER none of it ever happened because it was a hollow novel being created or played by captain riker on the USS TITAN. Even Jolene Blalock has said the final episode is terrible !

And what happens to any money raised for getting it back on air if it does not happen, do donaters get thier money back?

Time for a break, untill something a bit fresher and better can be done with the trek universe.

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    What I'd like to know is if by some miracle they raised the money and the series was made, and say for example 15 million people donated $2 apiece, just how would they divide up the profits?

15 million cheques for 50 cents apiece? A nightmare.

This just hasn't been thought out.

6. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I really hope they make another series, as series 4 was the best yet, really getting into the characters with some good storylines etc... still the best made sci-fi on tv at the mo.

7. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Are we not watching S4 now on Sky with 2 eps gone and the 3rd tonight? There won't be a S5.

8. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I read somewhere that if the money isn't used to to make an new series of enterprise then the money is refunded. Anyway even if by some miracle the money is raised to fund the 5th season of enterprise it doesn't necessarily mean it would get made even then ! With the producers moving on to new projects, studio negotiations, finding a new channel assuming UPN doesn't want to show the 5th season, actors moving on to new projects, who knows by the time the money is raised they might not be able to put the pieces back together again anyway .

The Pauley I imagine from the fans' point of view they really don't care about getting any profit from their donations they just want an new series of enterprise.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that but then the pickings are slim at the moment. Although from what I've heard about BSG it relieves itself on enterprise from a great height.

9. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,069
    if that ending is correct.....might be worth a viewing.....!

10. drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    That ending, if correct, is a total cop out - Just Like the final episode of of the voyager series IMO the imagination and eccentricity of these newer writers is not like it used to be -SIGH!!.

11. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280

well said that man :smashin:

I have been watching enterprise. I have seen the first new episodes on sky recently. I have not been impressed. I used to love stargate, but recently that to has been a let down.
    B.S.G is the dogs dangly bits. Roll on season 2 and more episodes.

12. JRHAY72

JRHAY72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you check out some of the posts over at Trek Web or Trek BBS you will see that people are becoming very suspicious of TrekUnited and many now consider it nothing more than just a scam to part you from your cash. Apparently their latest scheme is to have people send emails to their local congressmen!

Details of the finale can also be found on these sites and as 'David-Sheekey' said, it is basically a big 'up yours' to the fans of the show.
    MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!
    - Final episode takes place six years later than rest of series.
    - Enterprise is about to be decommissioned and Federation treaty to be signed.
    - A major character dies.
    - All or part of this episode takes place in the holodeck of the Enterprise D (not Titan) where it is being viewed by Riker and Troi.
    - Brent Spiner has also recorded dialogue for this episode (but does not actually appear in it).

These are the main plotlines and most people are generally not happy with them (including cast and crew). The story was actually written last year when they thought the show would be cancelled after series 3.

On a lighter note, I did find this which I thought was quite funny (especially the 'quote' from George Bush at the end!).