• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tree Roots - How to get rid?!

Munzz

Established Member
Afternoon All,

After some advice from our green-fingered community, or those in the know!

Recently moved into a new property that is surrounded by trees, of which I am not keen on keeping (block paving the front of the house, limiting light into the house etc) but after some advice on how to remove roots to prevent any further damage.

I've already noticed that one of the drains near the house is completely blocked by roots and need to prevent any further issues further down the line.

My first thought is to hire a mini digger and dig them out completely, has anyone done similar? Any recommendations on sprays that may kill off the roots and prevent them from growing back?

I've attached an image of what I am dealing with, as well as having some large'ish stumps I need to somehow shift.

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 131

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Dig them out.

In my opinion that's the best way to remove them.

Check that the trees aren't covered by tree protection orders before you cut any down.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom