travelling through london

ianlecompte

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi all, i,m going to be travelling through london next saturday between marylebone and victoria. in the past i have got the tube, but on this occasion i,m somewhat wary (possible terrorist strike etc) so would rather get the bus, i know it's daft but i would feel safer on a bus. how easy and far is it to do this,if it's too much hassle i,ll have to get the tube.any help would be good
cheers
ian :thumbsup:

Not being funny but didn't you see 7/7 last year?

Buses weren't immune.

Liam

or perhaps on foot, how long would that take ? and when i'm out of m,bone what direction do i take ?
cheers
ian

Surely you are orders of magnitude more likely to be stabbed by a random passerby while walking that streatch, more likely to be hit by a car or bus :D or even to be hit by lightning...than to be caught up in a terrorist strike. Get some perspective mate..and a grip!!

Surely you are orders of magnitude more likely to be stabbed by a random passerby while walking that streatch, more likely to be hit by a car or bus :D or even to be hit by lightning...than to be caught up in a terrorist strike. Get some perspective mate..and a grip!!

definitely more chance of getting mugged than blown up :D

seriously tho, dont worry.....just take the tube.......millions of people do every week......the whole idea of is if you let them think you scared, then they win......

Sorry I am with Calibos on this one.

You have to catch yourself on !! Get caught up in a terrorist strike?? Do you really think that is going to happen - if so then you are one of those people the Gov loves - you must be **** scared of living or even leaving the house.

You have more chance of winning the lottery than getting killed by a terrorist - and I mean Euromillions here as well.

Live your life. Its too short to be worrying about nonsense.

If its a nice day and your not in a rush I would walk, 25 minutes, a stroll down Edgware Road then through Hyde Park/Green Park and your there.
I'm saying that now, no doubt if I was actually at a tube station I would just hop on the tube, as Knight Byte said millions of us have to use this every day so dont worry!

If you are that worried about it just avoid using the transport system during peak times as that's more likely than not when a terrorist strike would happen . Only the dumbest terrorist would stick a bomb on a tube or bus at 7am or 3pm for example.

or perhaps on foot, how long would that take ? and when i'm out of m,bone what direction do i take ?
cheers
ian

You're far more likely to get mown down and killed by a car in London while walking across it, than you are getting blown up on the Tube or a bus. I think events in the media have wildly distorted your sense of risk...

Take a look at this and then take the tube!

I took a look at that and despaired.....

If there's an 'I am afraid' version I bet that's covered in pictures of peoples cats as well :rolleyes:

Anyway...

You're more likely to be stabbed to death by a recently released mental patient as you cross the park. Than you are to be killed by a terrorist.
Possibly.

the whole idea of is if you let them think you scared, then they win......

Yep, don't let the government win. ;)

Is it any surprise ian is scared when John Reid & Co turn up at every opportunity to tell us of the x thousand plots that only they know about and are protecting us from.

I'm sure it would be less than a tenner anyway and you can avoid 'the great unwashed' :)

ok,ok , so i sound like a right fruit cake ! point taken, i know what you all say is true, but the thing is this. when i know of a risk i would rather avoid it, even if that risk is minimal, it would be just my luck to get caught up in something like this, i just dont want to be stuck on the underground for hours on end if something happens, i need to be in brighton for 11. its more about being delayed for hours than being worried or scared. if it was about being scared perhaps i would'nt work as a emergency medical practitioner. believe you me i,ve seen enough horrible stuff to last a lifetime, and been in very dangerous situations as part of my job ! thanks for the replies.
cheers
ian

stop being gay, and just get the tube.

MJN. if you've nothing constructive to say, mind your own buisness !!!! i was'nt aware that not wanting to waste time possibly stuck on the underground amounted to being gay !idiot !
ian

MJN. if you've nothing constructive to say, mind your own buisness !!!! i was'nt aware that not wanting to waste time possibly stuck on the underground amounted to being gay !idiot !
ian

Don't think he meant it like that. I would take his statement as meaning, 'catch yourself on and get on the tube'. Probably a bad choice of words though, especially in this world where everything can offend someone.

ian
'Gay' colloquially means stupid... as does saying "your mum" to someone

I know this as I have a 11 year old brother ;)

But I share his sentiments to be honest. You're much more likely to be in a road traffic accident - food for thought? You have to *forget* about these things and live your life.

ian

Don't be so up tight. Just get on the tube, and stop thinking about everything.

just get a cab

Are you kidding? Have you seen how many Muslim taxi drivers there are? He might get dropped off on his way to Edit: the pub

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom