Travel Insurance with a pre-existing condition.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ladies & Gents,

After a bit of advice.

With the wife recovering from her op for ovarian cancer we're looking at getting away in February.

Obviously looking at insurance and wondering for those of you who've been in a similar situation any recommendations or warnings who to avoid.

Thanks

A family member had some Ovarian Cysts and a possible cancer diagnosis (wasn't in the end, just cysts) and was due to travel a couple of months before surgery. They used Virgin Money Travel Insurance who were quite helpful. The trip was at risk of being cancelled due to some complications but Virgin were clear with everything that needed to be done should the trip go ahead and be cancelled.

Saga is the only one I could find that included pre existing conditions. Other places would insure me but all had a clause to exclude cancer and related issues. Trouble is almost anything could potentially be contributed to by the treatment so that really was no good.

Saga currently worked out cheaper for annual worldwide multitrip insurance than single trip to USA.

I'd recommend you put yourself on same insurance as your wife.

For my parents I have used both saga and m&s, however have not had a claim so cannot confirm how good each one is.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom