• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Travel Insurance - Upgrade or Separate Product

Digger

Prominent Member
G'Day!

I have a hastily planned trip to Australia leaving in a week. I have European cover with a bundled product with my Alliance&Leicester Current Account. Fortis who underwrite it want £40 to upgrade to Worldwide Cover until my next renewal date (doubt I will travel again this year).

Its just for me a 40ish year old with no serious health problems. It sounds excessive?

Can anyone recommend an alternative product that covers most eventualities?

Thanks for reading

djmassive

Standard Member
I just wanna say, I'm not a spammer, nor have I ever been... I was merely trying to offer some assistance to the person asking for it by providing them with the details of a company I've used in the past. They're underwritten by AXA, so as you can see, I meant no harm. If you need verification for my trust, just ask your own member astaroth rp.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
Just remember that a product is only as useful as the company which provides it. This especially applies to insurance. Unless you know for sure that the company is part of a larger group, or that you can obtain reliable claims experience, then don't touch it. Personally, I never simply go for the lowest quotation. In some ways, travel insurance is even more critical than motor: the consequences of a claim going bad are if anything more worrying.

Read the small print for potentially killer exclusions.

IMO, £40 from A&L is not a bad deal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom