• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Travel Insurance Hikes For Pre Existing Conditions!

Suave

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

I normally buy a annual multi trip travel insurance plan that normally costs around £25-35 for a decent one.

I had a heart attack earlier this year which required having an angioplasty. I am 46 and doing well now but I just started looking at travel insurance and the hikes are just astronomical. I have also read some others experiences that even though they may have had an issue many years ago and are now doing OK, it seems once they are marked, the insurance companies will not relent on making premiums more reasonable.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get the better deals on travel insurance? Anyone here with any pre-existing conditions that has had to deal with travel insurance issues? The amount they load premiums by is so very high that in many/most cases it is in the thousands or more than the cost of the holiday! I would have thought that a doctor's letter or assessment would allow a far more accurate & fairer appraisal. To me, it looks like the moment you have any type of medical issue, these companies load you so much that it pretty much excludes any form of overseas travel for so many.

Suave!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom