Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Travel headphones but good quality?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by OldSkoO1, Feb 24, 2005.

1. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hello All

Can anyone recommend some very good quality headphones that are also lightweight and compact that wouldnt look out of place walking around town.

I recently decided to go for an mp3 player and absolutly hated those silly buds they include. For my musical needs i listen with some Sennheiser HD 25's for my cd player. Im very satisfied with these headphones and therefore decided on the px200's for my portable needs.

Ive recieved them and tested them only to realise they weren't as good as i expected or im neglecting how good the hd 25's really are and trying to compare. The size is perfect but i miss the pure sonics i get from the HD 25's ALOT! Therefore i'd love to know if theres some very good quality phones around but dont look like expensive ear muffs :D

Thanks in advance!!!

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Hi there...I think you'll find a good spread of ideas here....I've heard and use the Etymotics,which some like and some dont....and they do. take some getting used to.

A lot of people also like the Shure phones,both these and the Etymotics being in-ear types,and offering a good bit of noise isolation,which can be useful.

extremelydodgy has tried more phones than I've had hot dinners,so he's a very useful source of information,and a good critic....wait for him to add to the post.

3. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks very much Alexs2! :)

4. lupo

lupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I would agree with Alexs2.

i have had my Etymotic ER4P earphones for about 2 Months now. I am still amazed with the sound these produce. I enjoy the noise isolation, you can listen at a much lower volume level, and you hear all the detail in the music.

I tried my Ipod ear buds again while taking the dog for a walk, the external traffic noise drowned out the music. With the ety's I can listen to quiet music and hear every note and instrument.

I was lucky I managed to get a correct fit from day one, and I find them comfortable.

There would be no way I could go back to normal bud type phones after using canalphones. :)