Travel Advice - Journey to Cornwall.

micaab

Going to cornwall for a week tomorrow,.

A friend of mine has tried to put the scares on me to expect loads of traffic heading that way and to allow extra time on the roads due to it being a bank holiday weekend and all that.

So.............if you were driving from london to cornwall would you go M3/A303/A30 or M4/M5 all the way?

I've not been to Cornwall for 15 years!!!

AB.

welshbrad

maybe take the m3 a303 and then take the a358 to taunton and join the m5 from there, it has been awful on the m5 recently but mainly above taunton, the a30 to exeter is a terrible road single carridgeway for most of it

james_19742000

Novice Member
You could go either way, being a bank holiday you will hit traffic whatever you do, if you go M4/M5 then you will hit the traffic at Bristol interchange, this canm be avoided by coming off on the M32 into the City Centre and then go on the A370 to junc 21 on the M5 but thats the Weston turn off so will probably be busy, so pick up the A38 past Bristol Airport will bring you out at junc 22, or if you go M3/A303/A30 then the worst traffic point will be Stonehenge, the road into Devon from Honiton is all dual carriageway now, the worst bit is coming over the Blackdowns, if you hit traffic there isnt mush to do, but it will be a hell of a journey whichever way you go.

Where in Cornwall you going? Are you going straight down the A30 or A38 Plymouth way???

Good luck on your journey though!!!

James

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom