Transporting question

SirDoss

Novice Member
Hi, I've finally had my call from Curry's saying to go and swap my faulty plasma for another set. I obviously want this to be done and dusted as soon as so have asked my brother in law if we can use his Land Rover. I'm almost certainly going to go for an LCD set this time so my question is can these sets be laid either face down or face up during transportation as there isn't enough room to stand them up? I'm obviously not bothered about the plasma I'm returning but wouldn't want to knacker the new set before I've even plugged it in. The journey will take about 20 mins if that's any help. Please let me know as if it's unwise then I'll have to ask my boss if I can use the works van but I would then be indebted. By the way this is happening tonight. Cheers.

rogerft

Hi, I've finally had my call from Curry's saying to go and swap my faulty plasma for another set. I obviously want this to be done and dusted as soon as so have asked my brother in law if we can use his Land Rover. I'm almost certainly going to go for an LCD set this time so my question is can these sets be laid either face down or face up during transportation as there isn't enough room to stand them up? I'm obviously not bothered about the plasma I'm returning but wouldn't want to knacker the new set before I've even plugged it in. The journey will take about 20 mins if that's any help. Please let me know as if it's unwise then I'll have to ask my boss if I can use the works van but I would then be indebted. By the way this is happening tonight. Cheers.
There is no operational requirement to keep LCD's upright and I have looked at a toshiba box in currys and it has no must be kept upright warnings. You should look at your box just to make sure.

However the packing is designed for upright storage and transportation. If you want to lie the set flat put it on its back so as not to put pressure on the screen. I would also sggest openeing the top of the box to ensure that there is sufficient support and nothing can move and damage the set. Taking a bit of bubble wrap may be a good idea. Just be careful not to flex the screen.

SirDoss

Novice Member
Thanks for the advice, I'll be extra careful. To be honest my first set was an LCD and the store loaded into my car on it's back. I just wanted to be extra sure. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom