Transporting a New LCD

njwyatt

Novice Member
Hello,

I have had to purchase an LCD from the Southampton branch of JL as they pricematched it and its my home town. I have been able to get my parents to transport it up to me to London (70 miles away) and just wanted to know how to transport it.

They will be using a Citroen Picasso, so bigger than a normal car, but if they cant transport it upright can they lie it flat and still be ok?

squibby

Novice Member
As far as I know laying the TV flat is fine. I picked up my KDL46V300 from JL in Southampton and they help load it into the car for you. I have a seat leon and just managed to squeeze it it with my rear seats folded down.
Normally the TV's are fairly well packaged and laying them down, as long as done carefully, does not damage them at all

KUBBY

Standard Member
Hi,

As above,really.Lcd sets can be layed down for transportation.I would try to stand it upright if poss,however only because it takes up less floor space in the car.

Have your concerns originated in tales of people transporting Plasma screens horizontally ? that is a definate no-no as the screens de laminate. Your Lcd should be okay though.

Good luck,

KH

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom