Transmitting SKY upstairs via gigahz sender

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by roadtorode, Aug 14, 2002.

1. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I use my sender to retransmit sky from the pace box to the upstairs bedroom (no great distance), I loose the signal intermittantly if the sender is using a shared scart socket (via an unpowered adaptor) or if it passes through the VCR first; I assume this is due to some signal loss in these circumstances. I can't afford to dedicate a scart socket to this job (although this cures the fault), so do I have any alternative ? I assume a powered socket doubler would compensate for signal loss, but that's yet another £40........

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not run a length of coax upstairs using one of the RF connections, I have three sets (using low loss splitters) working off the one RF and all pictures are perfect. ;)

3. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    One reason I might try a video sender is that using the RF cable you only get mono sound. The videosender should give stereo.

Another reason is that the RF signal carries no form of widescreen signalling. I hope that a video sender (using scart) will still carry the WSS.

I know that these problems exist as I am currently using TVLink for the widescreen set in my bedroom.

Oh and then of course there is the hassle/mess of running co-ax cables all over the house.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One reason I choose RF is that it was feeding mono TV's, except my sons 24" W/S, where 99% of his viewing is DVD and he has a amp for that.

Another reason I chose RF is that they were 4x3 mono portables, except my sons 24" W/S, where 99% of his viewing is DVD, and RF does not have anything to do in DVD playback.

No hassle/mess, planned ahead whilst decorating. How hard is it to run a single wire upstairs. In fact it's no harder than hiding all the wires on a home cinema system.

5. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My attempts at using RF failed miserably. I can run a good RF picture to a mono portable in the next room (3m cheap n cheerful cable), but if I hook up a long run of standard 75ohm RF cable with soldered plugs, the picture at the end of the run is pants. And even worse if I use a signal amp. The same effect is sufferred if I hook up via an existing in wall drop cable. Hence, I gave up and switched to wireless....!

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My main run is well over 10m, with two splitters within the run, and all TV's display perfect pictures. :)

7. caleb2002

caleb2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a videosender and the picture is like a bad ariel connection, and watching on a large screen TV is impossible.