Transmitting satelite signal?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cme, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cme

cme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My problem is that I have a Freesat signal into Humax dual-chnl PVR and would like to install a 2nd Freesat box in another room BUT it is not physically possible to run a 2nd Sat cable to the second room. I wish to be able to use the facilities of the second Freesat box independently of the other box which rules out a 'Video Transmitter' type of device. So my question is, is there a transmission device available that would take the Dish signal via a splitter and transmit it to a receiving device which in turn would plug into the Sat input on the 2nd Freesat box?

Thanks

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    There is no way you can split satellite cable signals and retain full services on both boxes. There is no way to get the signal to another location without fitting cable. Why cannot additional cables be fitted?

3. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +946
    No there is not.

Of course it is physically possible to run a cable from the dish lnb (assuming there is a spare output) to the other room. It may be difficult but it's probably not impossible.

4. kevkbuk

kevkbuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,170
    The device is called a drill. :D

5. cme

cme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies. I live in a Flat, on one side the dish with cable direct under balcony door to PVR. The second PVR would go in a room on far side of Flat. This Flat is in Germany and so built accordingly i.e. all walls, ceiling and floor are solid concrete (a challenge I think even for kevkbuk and his drill). There are also door frames to go around etc and so to run a cable would be a really big job. So it looks like I will have to settle for a WiFi Laptop with HDMI to TV and just use iPlayer etc.
    Thanks again for your thoughts.