Transmit NTL signal from room to room

Dogz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Sony tv and a Sony DAV S888 cinema kit with NTL cable television service.
I want to watch the TV in the bedroom as well as the front room and was considering buying a wireless TV transmitter / receiver.
Looking on e-bay i see a phillips wireless system for sale but a bidder is asking will it send NTL / Telewest signal and apparently this philips system cant do it. My Sony store tell me its because the signal is not RF and therefore cant be done.
CAn it be done and how please ?

Yes most of them can do it. Mine is a cheapo job from Lidl and it works.
You need a wireless kit that use's a SCART bridge adapter, this plugs into the output socket on the back of the NTL box (where your) TV is connected, you then plug the SCART lead to the TV into the adapter. The adapter will have 3 cables coming out of it (L+R Audio + Composite Video) these plug into the sender unit.

So you would have something like this:
(Downstairs)
VCR/DVD ---scart(RGB)---NTL---Adapter-Scart(RBG)---TV
I
[L+R Phono + Composite]
Wireless Sender

(Upstairs)
Wireless sender --- L+R + Video --- Scart converter --- TV

Voila :)

I know the original question was asked a couple of weeks ago but here's a word of warning - although a video sender can happily transmit pictures and sound from your NTL box, it probably can't transmit signals from your NTL remote control. For some incomprehensible reason NTL remote controls use a frequency of infra-red that most IR extenders can't cope with (video senders have IR extenders built in so that you can control the sending device from the receiving location). Only the really expensive senders such as the AEI DigiSender Gold can handle NTL remote control signals.

The old NTL/Telewest boxes use IRDA instead of a normal infrared protocol.
http://www.redremote.co.uk/ - Sell a translator which will make this work though.

This is only relevant to the old Pace boxes, more info on the web site above.

Dogz said:
Hi all,

I have a Sony tv and a Sony DAV S888 cinema kit with NTL cable television service.
I want to watch the TV in the bedroom as well as the front room and was considering buying a wireless TV transmitter / receiver.
Looking on e-bay i see a phillips wireless system for sale but a bidder is asking will it send NTL / Telewest signal and apparently this philips system cant do it. My Sony store tell me its because the signal is not RF and therefore cant be done.
CAn it be done and how please ?

Hi I found this on net while having similar problem
link enclosed for info, but bidding for some on Ebay
http://www.beststuff.co.uk/one_for_all_sv1720.htm
P.S already won one..

Hope it helps...

fieldl said:
Yes most of them can do it. Mine is a cheapo job from Lidl and it works.
You need a wireless kit that use's a SCART bridge adapter, this plugs into the output socket on the back of the NTL box (where your) TV is connected, you then plug the SCART lead to the TV into the adapter. The adapter will have 3 cables coming out of it (L+R Audio + Composite Video) these plug into the sender unit.

So you would have something like this:
(Downstairs)
VCR/DVD ---scart(RGB)---NTL---Adapter-Scart(RBG)---TV
I
[L+R Phono + Composite]
Wireless Sender

(Upstairs)
Wireless sender --- L+R + Video --- Scart converter --- TV

Voila :)

Hi found this on net browsing
have enclosed link for info

I found on Ebay, already won 1...

Regards

Nelviticus said:
I know the original question was asked a couple of weeks ago but here's a word of warning - although a video sender can happily transmit pictures and sound from your NTL box, it probably can't transmit signals from your NTL remote control. For some incomprehensible reason NTL remote controls use a frequency of infra-red that most IR extenders can't cope with (video senders have IR extenders built in so that you can control the sending device from the receiving location). Only the really expensive senders such as the AEI DigiSender Gold can handle NTL remote control signals.

Hi found this on net while browsing
have sent link for info

I found on Ebay, and won 1...

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom