transmac help

hotstepper

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

so i bought a 500gb external usb drive today. trying to use transmac to format using hfs+. thing is, when i right click the device in the left hand pane, it does not have a format opotion. also when i just select the device, it says "NO MAC HFS VOLUMES FOUND"

anyone have any ideas on how to get this drive formatted?

all help appreciated :smashin:

Tools > Format disc for Mac

Will give you a dialog box and you just select which drive you want to format.

Format it as HFS+

When it's done (doesn't take too long) it will be viewable in the bottom pane (selected in the drop down in the right hand size) and you can drag items from the top PC drives pane down onto it.

Took me a little while to figure out how to work it but once done it's a nice, straightforward thing to use.

thanks,

but i dont have those options.
in the right hand payne i only see the new drive and my dvd drive, not my local hdd disk. when i click tools i only have the following options:
Refresh drive list
edit file type map
burn cd/dvd
erase cd/dvd

does it matter that i only have a trial version of transmac

http://www.asy.com/sharetm.htm said:
Trial Limitations:
The trial version opens Mac format fixed disks as read only.

Sounds like the only thing you can do with a trail version is read files from a already formatted mac hard drive.

Sounds like the only thing you can do with a trail version is read files from a already formatted mac hard drive.

stoopid trial version :thumbsdow

know of any other software i can use?

I only know of two programs that do what you want and they both cost about $50 so I'd say chances of there being a free bit of software is very slim.

You've either got to pay for it or get a dodgy serial number (which is naughty).

hmmm

Ok, i was having the same thing happen to me. you have to make sure you right click and run as Administrator.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom