Transistor

Yea - in a dark room it would probably be a bit more immersive, but other than that, you cant see it. It does work though as I specifically tilted the controller to watch it for a bit - but obviously cant play like that!

I am also a bit puzzled when people comment on the colour of the light bar. The one on the back of the controller.

Do we know how big it is in download size?

For me, its the glow that adds to the ambience, you want to be looking forward at the TV, not looking at your controller to see the colour status, just like you don't want to be looking at the buttons you're pressing.

I will say that the graphical plaudits in the reviews surprised me as the youtube game clips don't seem that special. But there's nothing better than seeing the game actually run on your TV, its one of the satisfying things about kicking up a new game and seeing it look better than screenshots and youtube vids.

I can see it up on the UK PSN Android app, just going to try Remote Play-ing in to buy and download...

EDIT: on PS4's PSN store too. Bought. Downloading... Says 4 hours (yes FOUR) to complete! :eek: I'm on BT Infinity with 60+meg down usually?!

Last edited:
For me, its the glow that adds to the ambience, you want to be looking forward at the TV, not looking at your controller to see the colour status, just like you don't want to be looking at the buttons you're pressing.
I agree, I can't see the actual light, but can see the glow and the light bouncing off my fingers out of the corner of my eye and I think it's a good feature on the controller personally.

Is there a tutorial or manual for reference anywhere?

Zero explanation on weapon slots and what 'limiters' do. The devs sure were cryptic in their design!

Is there a tutorial or manual for reference anywhere?

Zero explanation on weapon slots and what 'limiters' do. The devs sure were cryptic in their design!

Might be something on gamefaqs eventually.

Did you know that when you are at one of the terminals, you can press triangle on a weapon. This takes you to a screen with 3 tabs. The first is an overview of the power of the weapon. The second is a bio about who you obtained it from - and as you use the weapon more, more is unlocked about thst person. Gib ally the third tab tells you what that weapon does when combined with others. It's still pretty cryptic, but a bit of a help.

Might be something on gamefaqs eventually.

Did you know that when you are at one of the terminals, you can press triangle on a weapon. This takes you to a screen with 3 tabs. The first is an overview of the power of the weapon. The second is a bio about who you obtained it from - and as you use the weapon more, more is unlocked about thst person. Gib ally the third tab tells you what that weapon does when combined with others. It's still pretty cryptic, but a bit of a help.
Yea I've been using the terminals (as save points also) and read everything so far, and after an hour or so of play have two limiters, though I'm still unsure of what they do lol? :/

I've also got a weapon in one of the two left hand-side slots (not the ones under each weapon) and not sure of what it does.

Not sure of how relevant or important this 'backdoor' is, whether I can travel back to it, and also having trouble with the second speed challenge lol.

God I miss the days of paper manuals!

99% of that "guide" is cut n paste from the in-game info o_O

Stinja's general gist of powers is this:

You get 4 Active abilities (x o triangle square).
Each active ability can have 2 Upgrade enhancements (1 unlocked at start. Second slot unlocked later on).
Then you have Passives (locked until a few hours into the game).

Each power can be assigned to one of those Functions, but only one at any time.
Depending on where you assign the power, the effect is slightly different.
Each power has a cost in Memory (little horizontal bars), and you only have 16 Memory at the start.

So equipping Crash+Spark+Jaunt into "X" will give you one Function on the X button, which will fire 3 short range projectiles, and can be used on cooldown. It will cost 6 memory total.

Or you can equip Crash into X (short range single target), Spark into O (med range split shooting) and Jaunt as a passive (recover Turn faster), to have two active Functions and one always on power. Still costing 6.

Alot of the interest in combat so far for me is trying out different combos.

Limiters:

Basically make the game harder, while letting you earn more XP for penalising yourself.
Personally i'm going to ignore those until NG+.

Backdoors:
Bonus tests, which let you earn a little xp, and also try out powers before you unlock them in the main game.
There's also a "Testing" (?) area, where you can try your unlocked powers in a safe environment (check damage, interactions etc).

umm, probably more... Anyway, loving the game so far.

Last edited:
So equpping limiters makes the game harder? No wonder I was having trouble with the 2nd speedtest lol.

Not sure about the tests, as the ones i've done seem fixed to specific parameters. So given the Functions are fixed, i'm guessing the enemies will be too.
You probably just suck havent worked out how to complete that (admitidly) tricky test yet.

Spoiler on how i did it:
Basically dont use Turn at all.
Use Get on two or three of the worms, then use the ball power on the big thing, and Get on the woman thing, and back to a corner. When they die, the cores then spread less, making it easier to pick up. Note: Get grabs cores, which is very handy.

It's tricky that one though ;)

This game is sublime. The menu system is a bit of a usability mess though imo, plus it seems to make the fans in my PS4 ramp up to crazy levels! There really is masses of depth in the combat system. One tip, when planning, use the dash to move around (holding the button to aim), it costs less than walking. Also, dashing around in planning mode to pickup the spawned pods after a kill seems worthwhile. I much prefer the 'turn' based approach in this game.

So this game is worth it then? I was thinking it looked pretty gash. Maybe I'll take a ganders at the tube later.

Its fantastic. Unique, different, graphics and sound are amazing.

The Supergiant guys really are a talented bunch.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom