1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers The Movie Region 2 DVD - No SOUND.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by EmissarY, Dec 12, 2001.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys and gals, just wanted to see if u lot had this problem.
    I just got my new region 2 copy of Transformers The Movie from PLAY247 (finally...) but when i pop it into my region 1 Pioneer 414 (multi region), I dont get any sound from the special introductory footage at the beginning. The menu screens also have no sound, the only relief is that the film and the japanese cartoon on the special features have sound. Is this disc supposed to be this crap? I have waited AGES for this version to come out. Does anyone else have this problem? I think I will get the American Rhino version if this continues....of course it could be my dvd player, but I severely doubt that seeing as it plays EVERYTHING.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried out the office copy of Maverick's Transformers: The Movie disc on the Panasonic RV40 I have at home, a PC DVD-ROM drive in the office and a Panasonic DVD-L50 portable player we have kicking around the office and on all three there is sound for all of the areas you mention (though the menu noise - which I presume is suppossed to be some kind of computer processing effect - is the single most brain-destroying drone I've come across in some time). Have you tried exchanging the disc in case there was a glitch on the batch from which you received your copy? If so, my guess is that we have a player incompatibility problem.

3. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered this DVD from play247 ( I know I know:rolleyes: silly me ;) ) back on the 2nd of this month and it still hasn't turned up yet, it was shipped on Saturday apparently, anyway i'll let you know if the problems you get are apparent on my copy with my Sony 325 (R2 only).

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a disc fault, it's your players fault for being a US model.

The audio format for the menus and extras is MPEG-1.

MPEG-1 is one of the 2 official Europe DVD audio formats, although it's not used very often. All R2 players can play MPEG-1 audio either output as PCM or an MPEG-1 bitstream.

No US player supports MPEG-1 audio because MPEG-1 Audio was never part of the US DVD format.

(The studios had originally intended US to be Dolby Digital and R2/4 to be MPEG1+2 audio, but due to availability of decoders DD became the R2/4 standard, but MPEG pops up everynow and then - normally from independants)

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received the DVD yesterday.
    I have an R2 only player (Sony 325) and I changed the output to PCM and all was fine.
    That Jap epidode is quite shockingly dubbed though isn't it :D