Transformers HDDVD or BluRay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only coming out on HD DVD, Paramount/Dreamworks are HD DVD exclusive.

Rumour has it of an October 16th (HD DVD) release date stateside.

Probably a month or so after for the UK release.

That release date would be sooner than expected, not that I'm complaining!

I downloaded the 1080p trailer through the PS3 store. That movie really sucked but those robots look great in HD! Can't wait for this one. :thumbsup:

Probably my most antisipated HD-DVD release now i have my Heroes box set

I downloaded the 1080p trailer through the PS3 store. That movie really sucked but those robots look great in HD! Can't wait for this one. :thumbsup:

I personally thought the film was great and will definitely be getting it on HD DVD. Just got my first projector yesterday, and that Transformers trailer from the PS3 store looked stunning on a 125" screen :eek: :smashin:

Probably the only good thing to come out of it coming out on HD-DVD now rather than bluray is that we don't have to worry about it being region locked and having to wait for the uk version.

Can't wait to see this at home now!

Probably the only good thing to come out of it coming out on HD-DVD now rather than bluray is that we don't have to worry about it being region locked and having to wait for the uk version.

Agreed! :smashin:

Stumbled across it being available for preorder on Bluray at www.blahdvd.com also at a few other places. Fingers crossed for us BD player owners eh.

Stumbled across it being available for preorder on Bluray at www.blahdvd.com also at a few other places. Fingers crossed for us BD player owners eh.
I'm afraid crossing of fingers wont help, they had that preorder up before any HiDef release was announced, just wanted to get it up to secure pre orders I guess.

No Blu-ray release for while at least.

It would have been region free on blu-ray anywayz.

FYI - Talk is that this may come to BD a few months after HD release. There is a clause that the directors make the decision on what formats the film is released on and Steven Spielberg and others are opting for both formats.

Also possible that in Japan the film is to be released by Fox - so we maybe able to get an import BD copy! :smashin:

FYI - Talk is that this may come to BD a few months after HD release. There is a clause that the directors make the decision on what formats the film is released on and Steven Spielberg and others are opting for both formats.

Also possible that in Japan the film is to be released by Fox - so we maybe able to get an import BD copy! :smashin:

No, the quote is, all Steven Spielberg directed films were not included in the Paramount deal (indicating that they would be out on both formats). However, Transformers is HD DVD only and Michael Bay cannot change this (Spielberg was just executive producer). Bay recently had a rant about it not being on BD then the day after retracted it stating that he sees the reason why Paramount did this.

If Fox do release it in Japan, you can bet your bottom dollar they will region lock it ;)

In many ways Transformers is an analogy of the HD battle, HDDVD's Autobots Vs Sony's evil BluRay Decepticons having a smackdown to decide the fate of humankind.

;)

Are you saying that Blu-ray is superior but HD DVD will win because it's the underdog?

Just to be clear, my comment was absolutely not meant to cause a format debate.

I was merely saying you can't say never in this case as, after the format war is over, we MAY at some point see Transformers on Blu-Ray.

"Also possible that in Japan the film is to be released by Fox"

Why is this possible? I've seen no evidence that Fox has released this anywhere. :confused:

Are you sure?

From IMDb...

Paramount Pictures Corporation (2007) (worldwide) (all media) (except Finland, South Korea)
DreamWorks SKG (2007) (USA) (all media)
Paramount Pictures (2007) (USA) (theatrical)
CJ Entertainment (2007) (South Korea) (theatrical)
Finnkino Oy (2007) (Finland) (theatrical)
Paramount Pictures (2007) (Australia) (theatrical)
Paramount Pictures (2007) (France) (theatrical)
Paramount Pictures (2007) (UK) (all media)
Paramount Pictures (2007) (UK) (theatrical)
Solar Films (2007) (Philippines) (theatrical)
United International Pictures (UIP) (2007) (Argentina) (theatrical)
United International Pictures (UIP) (2007) (Philippines) (theatrical)
United International Pictures (UIP) (2007) (Japan) (theatrical)
United International Pictures (UIP) (2007) (Singapore) (theatrical)
Universal Pictures International (UPI) (2007) (Switzerland) (theatrical)
Universal Pictures International (UPI) (2007) (Germany) (theatrical)
Universal Pictures International (UPI) (2007) (Spain) (theatrical)
Universal Pictures International (2007) (Netherlands) (theatrical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom