• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Transformers DVD PQ not very good????

timus

Am i the only one to think so, i got it for Christmas and have been watching it upscaled on my PS3 and boy does it look grainy or what:thumbsdow Has anybody else experienced this. Tried all the upscale methods and they don't seem any different its upscaled to 1080i just not that impressed to be honest.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Bought in on HD and I have to say the PQ is exceptional. It may be that your PS3 is upscaling and your TV/PJ is downscaling so the picture is being processed twice. That will dmage PQ.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
You can only upscale to 720 so don't know what 1080 options your getting but it's not true 1080 or they would be no need for HDDVDs.

Liam

Bought in on HD and I have to say the PQ is exceptional. It may be that your PS3 is upscaling and your TV/PJ is downscaling so the picture is being processed twice. That will dmage PQ.

This is about DVD.. not HD..

You can only upscale to 720 so don't know what 1080 options your getting but it's not true 1080 or they would be no need for HDDVDs.

Liam

You can upscale to 1080p..

Thread gone mad...

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Yes, slight confusion here.

The OP is talking about the SD DVD version of Transformers, not the HD DVD version.

Secondly, you can upscale SD DVD to 1080P easily, so not sure what you mean DVD-man.

timus

All i was saying was that even when i turned the upscaler off the transformers dvd still seemed noisy thats all, i just wondered if anbody else had experienced this?? Thats all.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
This is about DVD.. not HD..

You can upscale to 1080p..

Thread gone mad...

Secondly, you can upscale SD DVD to 1080P easily, so not sure what you mean DVD-man.

I stand humbled and corrected however what's special about HD DVD then if I can get the same res on SD?

All i was saying was that even when i turned the upscaler off the transformers dvd still seemed noisy thats all, i just wondered if anbody else had experienced this?? Thats all.

Sorry

Liam:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom