• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

transformers blu ray

hi. i have a denon 4308 connected to my pioneer blu ray player. all my dics with lossless audio sound superb except for this one. the dolby true hd soundtrack has no dynamic range and action is really quiet. wheni switch to one of the standard dolby tracks it's like listening to different equipment. wide dynamic range and really loud. it can't be my amp of player settings as allother dolby true hd films sound brilliant. anyone else noticed this as its put me off watching the film

tutu

Theres a bug on the disk - it sets your amp to night mode.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Hi tutu

I see you got the same S350 player as me , spotted in your post to set DRC to off and not auto ! in my S350 settings under DRC I aint got an off setting just auto , standard , tv , wide ? :confused:
What setting have you got this on for Transformers , I thought the bug only was present on the HD DVD release mate ?

tutu

Hi tutu

I see you got the same S350 player as me , spotted in your post to set DRC to off and not auto ! in my S350 settings under DRC I aint got an off setting just auto , standard , tv , wide ? :confused:
What setting have you got this on for Transformers , I thought the bug only was present on the HD DVD release mate ?

I believe it's on the amp. It sets Dolby TrueHD to night mode. It can be changed back using the amp function.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Hi tutu

It is the amp that gets affected. btw, wide mode is Sony's way of saying DRC Off.

I haven't tried my disc yet but I only have coaxial digital output so I should be ok.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Hi chaps

So what do I need to alter on my amp then I got the Onkyo 875 :confused:
Do I also need to set the S350 DRC mode to wide as well then :confused:
As this been confirmed to affect the blu ray release of transformers as it was common news for the HD DVD release a while ago :confused:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Hi chaps

So what do I need to alter on my amp then I got the Onkyo 875 :confused:
Do I also need to set the S350 DRC mode to wide as well then :confused:
As this been confirmed to affect the blu ray release of transformers as it was common news for the HD DVD release a while ago :confused:

The problem is just on the amps. The S350 has nothing to with it and you can use any DRC you want on the player itself.

thanks to everyone two replied to this. just watched it and the difference is brilliant. my partner just replied it sounds too loud! women eh!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom