Transfers and Rumours thread

He might well do, but I don't think him leaving halfway through the season is what he'll do to wrap up his Barca career, but we'll see. Griezmann also disappointing this season - practically zero contribution. I do like the look of Coutinho and Pedri though.
Should have gone for the France national manager who is getting the best out of the player. Probably still played out of position for the national team but still contributes with goals and assists

Ditto Paul Pogba who looks a different player in the blue shirt

Schalke are reportedly demanding a fee of €30m for Liverpool transfer target and Turkish international Ozan Kabak ahead of the January window.

FC Barcelona President has resigned. His last act was to sign us up to this proposed European Super League (whatever that is) - given we're underperforming in La Liga at the moment and couldn't beat Getafe, I don't relish getting thumped each match.

Looks like we desperately need a striker, especially given Messi's recent goal drought.

Also, negotiations are/were ongoing with the squad to reduce salaries by 30% due to Covid's financial impact.

A lot of talk about Mbappe to Real Madrid for next season.

All sounds a bit bleak. Hopefully a new board will put us on a better path, hopefully one that doesn't lead to financial ruin.

Last edited:
Liverppol gossip; are reportedly interested in Marcus Thuram and Ryan Gravenberch, and will reignite their interest in Kalidou Koulibaly in January

Local newspaper rumours suggest City will have a busy January !!

Guardiola signs extended contract
Sergio adds a year on
Edin Dzeko returns to the club for a short loan
Messi arrives from Barca, before departing for NYC

wow !!

La Liga have announced the new salary limits for Spanish clubs. Significantly down (as expected), given Covid related loss of revenue. Not sure what this means practically. e.g. Barca have (or had) a wage bill of c.600mn euros, but the new limit for this season is about 380mn euros. Obviously they're renegotiating some contracts with players but how are they realistically expected to reduce their wage bill this substantially when players have signed contracts in place? And you can't just start selling players at depressed valuations (forced sales) as these players are reflected as assets on the club's balance sheet. Does this limit actually mean anything?

Welcome Lionel.

Welcome Lionel.

At this stage, and with considerable thanks to the fantastic player he is and his tremendous legacy at the club, I think I'm comfortable if he moves on in the summer. From a sentimental point of view, I'd always want him to stay BUT he'll be 34 at the end of the season and the economic cost to the club is far too great. Anything that puts in jeopardy our ownership model has to be changed. From what I've seen this season, he's really struggling to do his stuff and not for want of trying - he's very tightly marked most games, can't seem to beat the final person (often because he's fouled in fairness) and his effectiveness in front of goal (in open play and from free kicks) is significantly down. I expect part of the problem is the tactical change without a true no.9 to play off like he has for years and without the stamina/energy to do everything on his own like when he previously played as a false 9.

P.s. glad I got my no.10 Messi Barcelona shirt this season!

Rumour Liverpool have focussed their attentions on VVD's teammate, in Inter’s Dutch international defender Stefan de Vrij ahead of the January window.

Apparently when we were doing the deal for Højbjerg we did raise the subject of Ings, he would have been too expensive at the time but it could be feasible in the summer with him entering the final year of his contract. I'd imagine he'll have a few admirers though.

Think he will do well at most clubs to be honest. Chelsea need a striker. They won't be in the CL though :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Apparently when we were doing the deal for Højbjerg we did raise the subject of Ings, he would have been too expensive at the time but it could be feasible in the summer with him entering the final year of his contract. I'd imagine he'll have a few admirers though.
He'd want playing time though and who is getting that with Son and Kane as the competition

He'd want playing time though and who is getting that with Son and Kane as the competition

I wouldn't see that being a problem, could easily start all 3 if needs be. Kane seems to be more of a "10" than an out and out striker these days (shakes head) so I guess he could just play off of Ings & Son.

It could also be that we don't fancy paying the rumoured fee for Vinicius so are trying to lower that fee by looking at Ings.

I wouldn't see that being a problem, could easily start all 3 if needs be. Kane seems to be more of a "10" than an out and out striker these days (shakes head) so I guess he could just play off of Ings & Son.

It could also be that we don't fancy paying the rumoured fee for Vinicius so are trying to lower that fee by looking at Ings.
I wouldn't either...

Ings would score loads in Spurs side... Infact if we did anything other than defend 1-0 leads (unsucessfully) then Vinny when given the chance probably would also...!!!

Reguillion is the only loan I'd like to see extended to a permanent deal, that kid has a future which is why its probably the only one that won't happen...

I think we should offer Keiran Tierney's club some money (if only just to piss them off), maybe try a bit harder for Sons huge mate at CB and offer Messi the £300k a week we currently waste on Bale...

Realistically we'll end up selling Dele and him becoming a monster at PSG and bring CE back on loan with permanent deals for Loui Saha and Jermann Defoe...!!!

Oh and an outside chance of Leandro Damiao as he will have been seen boarding the N73 bus from Walthamstow...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reguilon isn't a loan is he? Signed permanently but with a buy back clause

Can someone direct me to the forum sticky... not sure where it is...?

Nope, genuine question...

I'm viewing on Mobile so maybe that's why I can't see it...? I had my post edited and I'd like to know why... no issue just don't want to make the same mistake again.

Nope, genuine question...

I'm viewing on Mobile so maybe that's why I can't see it...? I had my post edited and I'd like to know why... no issue just don't want to make the same mistake again.

Simple. Don’t refer to other teams as ‘scum’.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom