Transfers and Rumours thread

An epic amount but it would be worth it.

To be fair, Haaland will "only" cost £75mil or something next year.

Last edited:
He will go for more than that surely

That's his release clause. At the time United were really close to signing him, he met Ole etc. But his agent (Raiola) insisted on a low release clause and United didn't pursue any further.

That's his release clause. At the time United were really close to signing him, he met Ole etc. But his agent (Raiola) insisted on a low release clause and United didn't pursue any further.

this is why all players are thick, the players should be telling the agents what they want not letting them have so much influence on the players, agents would love these low release clauses as it's easier to leave clubs which means the agents get more money quicker, if they could agents would engineer a move for their players every year.

Why is it "thick" for someone with the promise to be an elite striker for the next 10 years to want a release clause as a condition of signing for Manchester United. You only get one career and you do not necessarily want to spend all of it trying to return Utd to the top. I suspect the real point is that people know precisely the reason and are misdirecting umbrage at the agent

I don't think the point is necessarily to do with Haaland and United but more the fact that a lot of agents, especially Raiola, have a long history of negotiating many moves for their players, all of which bank them considerable money. If you get paid every time you engineer a move then obviously you the more moves you make the better off you are. I don't think it's a stretch to think that some agents take advantage of their players in this sense.

Haaland was probably right to go to Dortmund over United. And I can see why United wouldn't want a player with that much potential on a relatively low release clause. It screams stepping stone which United don't want to be viewed as. Maybe they would be better off swallowing their pride in the short term, maybe not.

Inevitable. That is one thing United do quite well with the club instigated extra year on their contacts. Protects some sort of value in the player. What they don't do well is selling its all a bit pointless really. Just end up paying shit players for another year

I don't think the point is necessarily to do with Haaland and United but more the fact that a lot of agents, especially Raiola, have a long history of negotiating many moves for their players, all of which bank them considerable money. If you get paid every time you engineer a move then obviously you the more moves you make the better off you are. I don't think it's a stretch to think that some agents take advantage of their players in this sense.

Haaland was probably right to go to Dortmund over United. And I can see why United wouldn't want a player with that much potential on a relatively low release clause. It screams stepping stone which United don't want to be viewed as. Maybe they would be better off swallowing their pride in the short term, maybe not.
I don't believe Utd do release clauses at all.

@TayWax that is a considered and well put post. Some players will be inexperienced and naive. I think this player with his parentage knew what was going on regardless of the agent's financial interest. I do agree though for Utd to get back to the top you want players willing to fight without a view to an exit. Even if it frustrates some fans

a better system would be for any agent fees to come out of the players wage, however that won't happen even though it would be fair as players wouldn't be pushing for moves if they had to pay a huge lump of their wages to their agent.

again it won't happen but it would stop parasites like pogba's agent.

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Jack Butland from Stoke for an initial £1million

Messi's been pretty average so far this season. 1 goal (penalty) in 4 games.

Messi's been pretty average so far this season. 1 goal (penalty) in 4 games.
That’s because he doesn’t want to be there. Deal done in January? Straight swap for Eric Garcia?

That’s because he doesn’t want to be there. Deal done in January? Straight swap for Eric Garcia?

Doubt it. I don't think it would make sense for Barca to sell him in January. We're struggling to score goals at the minute and letting Messi go after Suarez, leaving Griezmann, Braithwaite, Dembele, Fati and Depay (if he signs) as your main scorers would be a shocking decision and pointless after all the fuss made this summer - might as well have sold him then and cashed in.

I think he'll see out the season and then leave on a free. Not sure I can see him going to the Premier League at 34 though and Man City don't really look like a better bet than Barca for anything (other than lots and lots and lots of money) at this stage. Maybe Juve or PSG - the Italians have a more tax friendly environment than Spain anyway, so it wouldn't cost them as much as it does Barca to have him.

I think he's struggling to fit into a system which is no longer geared to play exclusively for him and without Suarez/a number 9 to bounce his lay offs on the edge of the area. He's given freedom but not sure he knows how to use it with the players around him and he's too old/slow to take it all himself.

Last edited:
Except he might feel happier !!

Except he might feel happier !!

He might well do, but I don't think him leaving halfway through the season is what he'll do to wrap up his Barca career, but we'll see. Griezmann also disappointing this season - practically zero contribution. I do like the look of Coutinho and Pedri though.

Just basing on Koeman wanting to bring in three or four and accepting that players must leave first.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom