Transfers and Rumours thread

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Not now. But it was close before he joined Dortmund. Ole managed him previously I think and they are quite close I believe

Dony

Distinguished Member
i doubt it considering the amount of money he has earned from his son so far.

You don't think someone who played for Leeds and City and had his career effectively ended by the Utd captain would have anything to say if his son wanted to join this Utd team over any other major club in Europe?

jason g

Distinguished Member
You don't think someone who played for Leeds and City and had his career effectively ended by the Utd captain would have anything to say if his son wanted to join this Utd team over any other major club in Europe?

his dad already had a career, why would he stop him joing utd if he wanted to it's his life not his dads, plus he won't go to utd it will probably be real madrid like they all do.

John

Didnt he play for 18 months after recovering from that injury , then retired after injuring his other knee ?

He will go where the money is and where there is a chance of success. No success ? then it will repeat.
When a club will pay you 200k a week, other than somewhere in Europe, does it matter where you live for 15 years.

Dony

Distinguished Member
Didnt he play for 18 months after recovering from that injury , then retired after injuring his other knee ?

He will go where the money is and where there is a chance of success. No success ? then it will repeat.
When a club will pay you 200k a week, other than somewhere in Europe, does it matter where you live for 15 years.

My memory isn't as good as yours regarding the injury, but IMO there's no way Haaland will rock up at Utd any time soon.
Apart from the club history of his father, Utd are not the draw they were a few years ago, especially for someone who can chose any club in Europe to play for.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Apart from the club history of his father, Utd are not the draw they were a few years ago, especially for someone who can chose any club in Europe to play for.

He went to Dortmund as his 'stepping stone' club. Strange he didn't go straight to one of the big boys.

Dony

Distinguished Member
He went to Dortmund as his 'stepping stone' club. Strange he didn't go straight to one of the big boys.
When he's holding up the Utd jersey you can all call me out, but as I've said, in my opinion he will never make that move.

Dony

Distinguished Member
I didn't say he would go to Utd!!!

In that case I've misunderstood your post.

I don't find it strange that someone playing in the Austrian league would move to one of the big German clubs before ending up at one of the elite clubs sometime in the future.
Much like someone playing in the Scottish league will make the easier transition to an English club to further their career.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
In that case I've misunderstood your post.

I don't find it strange that someone playing in the Austrian league would move to one of the big German clubs before ending up at one of the elite clubs sometime in the future.
Much like someone playing in the Scottish league will make the easier transition to an English club to further their career.

It's more that he's clearly 'ready' for the bigger move. I agree that generally what you've described would happen, but this guy seems to be the real deal. Given the need at Real / Barca / City, I'm surprised he didn't make a bigger jump. I can't see him staying long, but then the price will be eye-watering.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
I assumed he went to a 'smaller' club first because of his agent so he can make tons of money again on another even bigger move, and that's why he wanted the release clause too, even at a club like Utd

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett