1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring VHS to [Panny] DMRE95HEBS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Curbie Firetank, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Curbie Firetank

Curbie Firetank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Panasonic DVD recorder [DMRE95HEBS] along with a Panasonic VHS [NV-HV61EBS] - and am struggling slightly trying to work out the best connections for recording onto the RAM from the VHS. I have a TV with one Scart and this is connected to the DVD and the DVD to SKY+ box. Any suggestions as how to connect the VHS to this [as the DVD has only two scarts and these are being used]. Is it just a case of disconnecting the scart to Sky+ and linking the VHS to the DVD when I want to transfer old home recorded VHS's to the DVD hard drive?

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    I don't think this VHS machine has any other AV connections in addition to scart, so you could disconnect the Sky+ box and use that scart. Assuming the VHS would then be connected to the E95 AV2 scart, you would have to make sure this was set for Composite Video (not RGB) in the E95 menus.

For a more permanent connection you could buy a scart breakout which gives scart to phono connectors/leads for connection of the VHS machine to the AV3 input of the E95.

3. Curbie Firetank

Curbie Firetank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JohnJackThom - you are right there is no other AV connection other than scart on that VHS - so I will use the scart to the Sky+ box and see how it goes.