1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Songs from HD-1 to Computer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Brownangel, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Brownangel

Brownangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I transferred alot of songs from my computer to my HD-1, but when i try to copy these songs on to my laptop, the sonic stage program won't allow me to listen to them as they are asking me for a licence to the song. I was wondering if there was any possible to over come this problem. One way i thought of was a program that can convert the OMG files to mP3 is there such thing?

Thanks
    BrownAngel

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (Repeat here of my answer to Brownangel's earlier PM ...)

You can only transfer songs TO your player, whatever model you own - you can't go back the other way. This is less of a problem if you've installed version 3.2 of SonicStage, which lets you rip tracks WITHOUT adding copy protection. It means you can then put these tracks on ANY laptop or PC, and they'll work. They'll transfer to your player if it's registered on that PC or laptop.

But to be very clear, transfering BACK to any PC or laptop which ISN'T the one you originally used to transf tracks TO your player won't work.

As for OMG to MP3 converters, none are known of. Sony are pretty secretive about how their codec works!

Hope this helps.