1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring SIM Cards

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by neil_uk, Dec 9, 2004.

1. neil_uk

neil_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Nokia 6210 and I'm getting a Sony Ericsson K700i, will I be able to transfer the SIM card or will I need to get a new one and get the number transferred?

2. waz2004

waz2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    all your network, your mobile number and if you have set it up properly all your contacts will be on your sim card.

if you are only replacing your old phone with a new phone then simply put the old sim card into the new phone. Make sure your new phone can be used with your current network

if you are going onto a new contract then you have to use the sim card provided with the new phone. if it is a different network then you can transfer your mobile number to the new phone. If it is the same network then i am afraid you will have to use the new number.

in summary all your details are on the sim card and not on the phone.
    hope this clears things up

3. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A lot of new phones store data on the SIM OR phone memory.I've just upgraded to a Samsung D500-i had to export the data off the old phone(Samsung E700) & sim and import it on the new one.Both phones were Samsung so it was easy,most manufacturers have software to allow you to back up the SIM and phone memory ;)