Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Transferring settings from AV32dp >> AV192?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by PhilB1234, Jul 5, 2004.

1. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As my Tag gear has always behaved faultlessly and magnificantly, I am now on the brink of getting a AV192 to replace my AV32dp (hopefully by the weekend!) so I'm now looking at the practicalities of the swap.....

I'm sizing up things like Scart >> RGB+sync cales for Sky etc to take advantage of the PSM192 and all the other new features, but wanted to check how easy it's going to be re: the user settings.

I have my DP settings backed-up on my old laptop, but as we all know, due to the complexity of the DP's various settings there are dozens and dozens of settings, particularly with TMREQ set up.

What are my options?:
    a) Is it possible to 'restore' the DP settings in the new 192 (would it leave all 192-specific settings as default?),
    b) I seem to remember it being possible to print out a page of the settings so I can punch them in by hand, is this right? If so how do I print the settings file ina useful format?
    c) Should I just settle down with a beer and the remote and start from scratch with the wizard?

Finally, is there any reason to believe my DP TMREQ settings wouldn't be just as good when in the 192?

2. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Phil,

You can transfer the DP settings to the AV192R, so answer a :thumbsup:

(pfew, that was the answer you were hoping for ;) )

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great news, thanks Teejoo! That's going to save a lot of work! now to finalise negotiations and then I''be watching my DVD32 in all it's PSM'd and TMREQ'd glory!

4. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, somebody has to do it :D :clap: