1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring saved programs to PC

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RX Heaven, Jan 13, 2005.

1. RX Heaven

RX Heaven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to know is it possible to transfer programs I've saved on the Sky+ to my PC for editing before burning to DVD ?

What I want to achieve is to record MTV then pick and choose the vids I want to burn onto DVD for playing in my car

Is this possible and if it is what do I need in the way of extra PCI cards , leads , and what editing software would be best ?

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because the information Sky plus saves on the drive is simply the relevent multiplex stream (exactly what is sent to the dish), you cannot do anything other than play the media from the sky box and record it into your pc (as nice as it would be to be able to copy video files via ftp or something).

So you need any PC video capture device and patience enough to copy stuff over in real time.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    All the data stored on the Sky+ HD is in encrypted format and has to be played back through the decoder. So the only way you can do what you want is to use a video/sound cable from the Sky+ box to a capture device on your PC.

4. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    or record to DVD recorder (if u have one) then copy recorded dvd to computer and use TMPGNC DVD Author and edit the video and make a menu and then burn to DVD.

thats what we do with recordings of Sky that we want to keep.

jammy