Transferring Purchases from iPhone to iTunes Not Working

williamus

Apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere. I did several searches before opening a new thread.

Old news to many I'm sure, but I've just discovered that iTunes no longer transfers updates from your iPhone (or any other device) to iTunes on your PC/Mac as from ios9. I found that I've now got 122 updates outstanding on iTunes that I've already updated on my iPhone but which won't now transfer to iTunes. It seems that the Apps and associated updates are different for each device so you must now update iTunes to have the full unexpurgated version.

Transfer Purchases no longer working | Apple Support Communities

I have Mobile Broadband at home which is expensive per GB so I've always downloaded on my iPhone 6+ (all-you-can-eat data) then updated iTunes.

How did I miss the announcement? Before I panic - do I really need to update all my Apps on iTunes at all? It occurs to me that if I update the Apps on my iPhone regularly and I back-up my iPhone to iTunes, if I change my phone or have to restore from back-up then the back-up will be up-to-date irrespective of how old the apps are on my PC. I'm sure I'm missing something... advice gratefully accepted.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom