1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transferring problem with SONY NW HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Catastrophe, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a imported HD3 from hk, and now using it in australia. i tried the bundled SS2.3 which is the jap version, the problem is most of the time, it can't detect my hd3. while if i try to transfer, it freezes after i click on the arrow button to transfer.......and i've already done all the things such as turn the battery on, plug both usb and adapter, initialized the disk...

i also tried copying avi files directly into the hd3, but error message says that the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid? can anyone with a imported hd3 confirm my problem?

when u open the hd3 folder, does it initially have OMGaudio folder in it and 1 DAT file? where do u copy normal data files into? can it be formatted from windows? how long does it take for SS to recognize ur hd3 and transfer tracks to it? mine usually freezes b4 detecting my hd3, or during transfer, all it happens when i click on transfer is the tracks being moved to the right side(hd3 side) then no response afterwards no matter how long i wait. i've unplug the usb many times during this.......since i got no choice....

sorry for asking so many questions, but i really need answers...every transfer to it freezes...even worse, mine is bought overseas.....><

2. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone plz help? is the transfer process shown by little red arrow followed by the song name? it takes me ages to even get to this stage, but its not moving anymore. i'm using SS 2.3 jap version. b4 this, it says the hd3 is 0kb...then i clicked on the bottom right tab and unchecked the settings from auto atrac 3 transfer. then finally shown up as a 18.6gb drive... :lease:

3. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    You say you are trying to transfer AVI files. The HD3 only likes ATRAC or MP3.

4. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    umm, i tried every type of files.....i'm saying i was testing to just drag and drop avi files, but i used SS2.3 for mp3, but it always freezes, the blue arrow changes to the red arrow, then stays there for 30minutes....then saying transfer in process, wait for another 20min and nothing....thats only for 5 songs too.......do i have to format the player first? i can only format from the player's menu, but always fail in SS and windows explorer.

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it sounds like it could be a problem with your pc, what spec is it, and are you running windows 98, ss really doesnt like 98 for some reason. if you can try installing on another pc and see if you have the same trouble.

6. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hope thats the problem.....i hope my player isnt defective..my windows is xp tho. but, i havent format my pc for ages, so there might be some problems. however, my MuVo^2 works well on my pc. but with the sony, i cannot even drag files into it. as i said b4, when i drag files into it, error message says that the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid? sometimes says the file is too deep?

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, im not sure what it is then, i'd still reccomend installing on another pc if you can. And also try upgrading to ss3.0 that may help.

good luck anyway :thumbsup:

8. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, i've got my friend to try it on his computer and he says dragging files into the player is fine, but sonicstage doesnt work on his computer...is it just other programs clashes with SS?

if files can be transferred to the player without software, then i guess the player is fine right?