Transferring pictures to computer via a USB Bluetooth Dongle Question

Garrett

Reaction score
I just got a new Lumix camera, and in the past on my old camera used a lead from the camera to the computer to download pictures, the socket was at the back of a hinged door.
The new camera hinge seems to just be rubber and I don't want to keep bending it dso thought as the camera has Bluetooth get a Bluetooth dongle for the computer and transfer pictures that way.

1/ Can anyone recommend a reliable easy set up dongle? The transfer from camera to computer will only ever be 3 feet/1 meter away.
2/ Any advice on pairing them?

Thanks in advance for helpful advice.

Bluetooth is not suitable for large data transfers instead it's used on the camera to help set it up with a smartphone for wireless transfer. The manual isn't very helpful as it seems to only support connection a smartphone but part of the troubleshooting suggests it can connect to a PC.

There's a video that explains how to do a wireless transfer on an FZ1000, I'm not sure if it would all be exactly the same but the process may be similar as the TZ95 manual refers to using a shared folder:

That said having used these wireless transfer systems on a few cameras, I'd only ever use the when I really need pictures on the move. They're often clumsy and slow going which definitely seems the case with the video above and you're going to need to either open that cover or the battery cover to charge the camera so you can data transfer at the same time using the cable or SD card plus you can preserve your sanity.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom