1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Pace Freeview PVR recordings To PSP

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rjknight007, Jun 25, 2005.

1. rjknight007

rjknight007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking caps on please. I have ordered a new piece of software called 'Movies On PSP'. This converts and transfers video files stored on a PC in the correct format and resolution to a PSP. I have a 1GB memory card, a PC and a Pace Freeview Twin Tuner PVR. How do I transfer the recordings from my Pace to my PC? The new software will take care of the transfer from PC to PSP.

2. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    I would probably use a TV capture card, and connect the Pace to the PC, and capture the video using either an s-video (if the pace has one) or composite video connection. If money is no object you could consider a sweetspot capture card, and capture via scart RGBs connection. There is software that you can download to capture video (eg. VitualDub) - although the card should come with it's own package.

I've not heard of people hacking the Pace PVR and copying the files across a network. Although I've not investigated -I doubt this is an option.

To capture video well at decent resolutions, you need quite a fast PC. Some capture cards provide onboard/hardware assisted MPG encoding, which can help.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I believe a fully software conversion is possible. I only know scant details but here it is in principle:

1: You dismantle the Pace and remove the Hard Drive
    2: You connect the hard drive to an IDE cable, and power supply, either inside your computer or using one of those USB > IDE adaptor cables or boxes.
    3: You use a piece of software (this is where I get "wooly") to interpret the Pace HDD and copy and/or convert the files on it, to a form meaningful to your PC.

Now, what was that software........ ?