Transferring Pace Freeview PVR recordings To PSP

rjknight007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thinking caps on please. I have ordered a new piece of software called 'Movies On PSP'. This converts and transfers video files stored on a PC in the correct format and resolution to a PSP. I have a 1GB memory card, a PC and a Pace Freeview Twin Tuner PVR. How do I transfer the recordings from my Pace to my PC? The new software will take care of the transfer from PC to PSP.

rjknight007 said:
Thinking caps on please. I have ordered a new piece of software called 'Movies On PSP'. This converts and transfers video files stored on a PC in the correct format and resolution to a PSP. I have a 1GB memory card, a PC and a Pace Freeview Twin Tuner PVR.
How do I transfer the recordings from my Pace to my PC? The new software will take care of the transfer from PC to PSP.
I would probably use a TV capture card, and connect the Pace to the PC, and capture the video using either an s-video (if the pace has one) or composite video connection. If money is no object you could consider a sweetspot capture card, and capture via scart RGBs connection. There is software that you can download to capture video (eg. VitualDub) - although the card should come with it's own package.

I've not heard of people hacking the Pace PVR and copying the files across a network. Although I've not investigated -I doubt this is an option.

To capture video well at decent resolutions, you need quite a fast PC. Some capture cards provide onboard/hardware assisted MPG encoding, which can help.

I believe a fully software conversion is possible. I only know scant details but here it is in principle:

1: You dismantle the Pace and remove the Hard Drive
2: You connect the hard drive to an IDE cable, and power supply, either inside your computer or using one of those USB > IDE adaptor cables or boxes.
3: You use a piece of software (this is where I get "wooly") to interpret the Pace HDD and copy and/or convert the files on it, to a form meaningful to your PC.

Now, what was that software........ ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom