Transferring number to same mobile network any tricks to speed it up?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by fernendo123, Jul 29, 2012.

1. fernendo123

fernendo123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I hope someone here can help me. I was with Orange and I found a great deal available on the orange network much better than the one I currently have. So I bought it with the intention of transferring my number to o2 pay as you go then back to orange.

I have done this before without any problems but this time I transferred to o2 but when I tried to get a Pac code to leave them they said under new rules I had to wait 30 days to get one because they don’t like customers using them just to move their number around.

The guy I spoke to was quite nice and he said it was possible to get around it if orange close my old Pac code does anyone have any experience of this and are there any other loopholes that will allow me to transfer out before 30 days.

I was thinking of telling o2 I had no signal therefore their service was unusable and I had to leave immediately.

Many Thanks for your help.

2. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    The 30 day period is standard but I don't think I understood your post. Is this what you meant?

1. You were with Orange (contract 1) and saw a better Orange deal (contract 2) so you bought that better deal with a new number.

2. You want to move your old Orange contract 1 number to the new Orange contract 2.

3. Your ported out of Orange contract 1 to O2 PAYG.

4. You called O2 within 30 days and asked for a PAC to port back to Orange contract 2.

If this is the case, then you should be able to get the O2 PAC if you bought it online or over the phone by saying the reception is rubbish and returning under distance selling rules.

If not, you could call Orange and tell them to close off the contract 1 PAC as O2 suggested.

3. fernendo123

fernendo123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes thats correct except I've had the o2 sim as a spare for about 5 months so I cant return it under distance seeling regulations.

I will try and call orange and get them to close the PAC. Has anyone else successfully done this?

4. fernendo123

fernendo123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know its not a disaster being stuck for 30 days its just a big inconvenience that I could do without and I don't think is fair.

Anyway to update you I spoke to someone else at o2 who had absolutely no problem at all giving me a PAC code. Bloody call centres are so inconsistent at least I am sorted now though.

The only thing I did different was change the reason for leaving to bad signal lol.