1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring music on SonicStage to an Ipod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by naturelover44, Apr 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. naturelover44

naturelover44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Does anyone know how to transfer music - is there some software - from Sony Stage on Vaio computers to any ipod. My ipod does not recognise the Sonic Stage files on which I have saved my CDs.
    Thank you.
    naturelover44

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The iPod needs iTunes on your computer to work. On install, iTunes will ask whether you want it to locate audio files on your computer for you automatically. Following this, you can dock the iPod and it will load the music.

Having said that, if your music is in Sony's proprietary ATRAC format then iTunes won't recognise it, and you'll need to convert the music into a more standard format first. I don't use SonicStage but I believe that it can do that for you.

3. naturelover44

naturelover44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I already do have iTunes and you a right it does not recognise the Sony Format, the music is saved in OpenMG Audio File and it can, it seems, only be transferred to their ATRAC or an MP3 player.What I am looking for is a computer software programme that will convert it to say a Windows Media player format, WAV e.g. and then I can convert into iTunes format. I actually did this accidently and managed to get some across. Unfortunately, I did not write it down and cannot recall a week later how I did it!!!

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He, he. What a bummer. :(

I've had a look around (try http://www.versiontracker.com) but can't find anything that converts from Sony's proprietary format to a standard mp3/mp4 one - when-on-when will people realise why standards are created and actually use them? This is not a personal rant, btw - it's aimed at manufacturers and software publishers like Sony and Microsoft...

As far as I can see, it's got to be SonicStage that you need to do this. Can any SonicStage users help out here?