transferring music off the NW HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cmehul, Nov 6, 2005.

1. cmehul

cmehul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

i uploaded about 7 gigs of music from my pc on to my hd5, however now i want to download this music onto my laptop? i tried and it says that this isn't not possible?

any help guys ?

mehul :lease:

2. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, simply not possible. Try to backup your whole music library in the initial PC using SS' backup tool, and then import it to the SS of your laptop. I think it's the only way :suicide: After that, you will be able to use the NW-HD5 on both pcs... (meaning, transfer back to either the PC or laptop from the HD5)

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you ripped your 7GB worth of tracks using SS 3.2 or later and had Copy Protection switched off, you can use ANY external back up media (CD, DVD, HDD, etc) and just drag 'n' drop your ATRACs (I'm assuming this is the format you've used, as anything else wouldn't cause you a problem to move to your laptop) onto this media, then onto your laptop.

4. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Another consideration, if you have lots of compilations or playlists, is to use SS to backup your library, then copy the backup to whatever media, then transfer to your lappy and restore the backup using SS.

5. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Soon we will most probably be able to transfer tracks off the HD5 to any computer. Someone on the Atraclife forum is developing a program. Just have to wait for him to finish it. So exciting, perhaps a replacement for SS for good, that can do even more than SS and can be taken anywhere with the HD5.