Transferring music library from ipod to itunes.

Darth Vodka

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey people. Does anyone out there know how to transfer the music library on my ipod(video) to my replace my itunes library ? Every time I try to play a tune from my itunes library it says it can't locate the track. This occurs for most of the 3000 + tunes on there so I reckon the best way forward is to replace the itunes library with the library on my ipod 3rd gen(video). Anyone know how to do this? If it helps my operating system is windows 7 if that makes any difference.:lease:Cheers.

Hi :hiya:
Welcome to the Forums
When you get that message it usually means you have moved the folder containing all your Itunes music to another location
Be it on another partition on your main drive or to an external drive
You should get the option to "locate" the tracks and if you know where they are browse to that location and it should add the rest automatically.
Other option is in I-Tunes Edit>Preferences>Advanced
Change location of Itunes Library
Browse to the known location and Select folder

As to transferring the music from your Ipod into I-Tunes as is means you will have duplicate listings ect and duplicate music files on PC
Providing the original music files are on the PC
If you have to transfer your music from the Ipod theres already a few posts on here that explain how to do it
BigCam

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom