1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Music DVDs to MP3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Dazza Cole, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Dazza Cole

Dazza Cole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've got a number of music / concert dvd's that i'd like to rip to the PC and eventually burn down to the iPod. Is there some special software / process for ripping these tracks to the PC?

2. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I downloaded a free program but I can't remember the name and I am at work. Video to Mp3 something but I'll let you know when I get home.

Very easy to use if I remember.

3. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    dvd audio ripper.

just d/loaded it,ill let you know how it goes.

4. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83

forget it,only lets you rip the first 5mins before it wants you to buy the full program for £60.

:mad:

5. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    ok, this maybe a long way round, but try ripping the dvd using dvd-decrypter or something then load the VOBs it produces into virtual dub, think you can export the audio from there ?

6. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    I know it's a long way round, but how about hooking up the analogue outs to the analogue ins on a CD-R?

Then put the CD in your pc, and transfer to mp3 as normal.

Steve W

7. doorknob

doorknob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also been looking for suitable software to rip audio off dvd's. I have tried a few shareware options and besweet, none really came up to scratch or else I was only able to rip 5 mins of audio. Just wouldn't do to buy the stuff ;)
    I have settled for now on the following option.
    Record my dvd audio onto minidisc, this is done through my amp and stand alone minidisc player using the analogue outputs/inputs.
    My portable minidisc player is then used to put the track/s onto my pc, this is done using the headphone socket on the md and the line in on the pc. The software used is Audacity. When transferring the music it took a bit of tweaking to get the volume levels correct. Easy enough tho.
    After saving the track/s I used Audacity to mess about with music file - splitting tracks and getting the start and endings right. Again easy after a bit of practice.
    I now have the wav files on cd and my son has them converted to mp3 for himself.
    As for quality, it sounds fine, my son has now brought his Gamecube into the equation and is ripping the audio tracks off his Tony Hawks' games using the same method!
    Suppose the recording to cd as mentioned in the previous thread is as good an option, I just had the minidisc option available and ready to go.