Transferring from Humax to PC

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Bulletguy, Feb 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can't find anything about this in FAQ but is it possible to transfer files from my Humax to a PC HD?

If so, what are the file types the Humax works in and what type of lead do i need?

Searched through the manual but no 'info' so not holding out much hope on this.

Maybe someone can throw some light on the matter as i'm sure i'm not the first to ask.

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,185
    Impossible to answer, Humax have made lots of Freeview and Freesat boxes over many years. Which Humax box are you referring to ?

The answer may be yes , but impossible to answer without knowing which Humax box you have.

3. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16

Humax-FOXSAT HDR (320gb model)

4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,185
    You are in luck you have arguably have the most flexible Humax PVR available along with the Freeview-HD model the HDR-FOX T2.

This box has the capability to transfer content to a usb drive, and replay content from this drive directly to your TV via the Foxsat .

Firstly the usb drive has to be formatted in either FAT32 or EXT3 (FAT32 has a 4GB file limit).

Install the Custom Firmware and you can copy recordings directly to a PC without using USB.

5. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Brilliant!

Believe it or not.....it's also the first time i found the USB port and various other controls 'hidden' behind the front flap which i've never had open until now!!

So from that USB, i should be able to transfer files off the Humax....onto the USB stick? Do you know what file format the Humax uses as no doubt i will probably have to run them through a converter on my PC?

What is the "Custom Firmware" you mention.....how do i install that......and what lead would i then need from Humax to PC?

PC is a 12mth old Dell XPS 8600 on Windows 8.1.....plenty of ports and 5tb of HD.

6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,185