Transferring files from Dropbox to SkyDrive

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently subscribe to Dropbox, mainly to back up my family photos. However for pretty much the same money I can subscribe to Office365, which gives me MS Office (1 PC, 1 Tablet and 1 phone) AND 1TB of storage. I'm thinking of making the switch, however I have a slow and limited internet connection. Can anyone recommend a secure, cheap and reliable way to transfer the files (100gb of photos and video and growing quickly) via the cloud, without having to download and re-upload?

Thanks. Had a look at that article, I have seen a couple of the services mentioned there before but they cost a bit. I also assume you have to provide full access to you your files. Has anyone any personal experience with such services?

The first one linked in the article called mover.io will allow you to transfer your 100gb from Dropbox to OneDrive for free.

The article also says that you will grant full access to your account using OAuth for the transfer but you can then revoke access to you files.

No, I've not used them before but I would probably go for mover.io if I needed to do it, but because I have a decent and stable internet connection I'd just do it the traditional way.

Dropbox files are stored locally in a folder on your PC so there should be no need to download.

Please tell me you do have these files locally stored and not just on the cloud anyway?

Please tell me you do have these files locally stored and not just on the cloud anyway?

A mix of both. Mainly local though, in fact a local backup too for critical files. So yes, it would be n upload mainly. Which is still problematic with the connection I have.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom