Transferring Data from one 360 to another

Russellgti

Due to my launch day 360 keeping on overheating and shutting down I am going to replace it with an Elite, using some vouchers from work. What I am trying to find out is what can I transfer without trying to get my hands on this rumoured transfer cable.

I have not bought any content from the Marketplace. The only thing I want off the disk is my save games. Can these be put on a normal usb flash drive?

fredbaum

Standard Member
Due to my launch day 360 keeping on overheating and shutting down I am going to replace it with an Elite, using some vouchers from work. What I am trying to find out is what can I transfer without trying to get my hands on this rumoured transfer cable.

I have not bought any content from the Marketplace. The only thing I want off the disk is my save games. Can these be put on a normal usb flash drive?

This is Game dependent - Microsoft has added the ability for game designers to protect almost all aspects of their usage of the hard drives, and storage and sometimes that includes save games. So your saves will be dependent on the game manufacturer, for example Oblivion does allow you to copy off saves; Viva Pinata, for example DOES NOT.

As for your gamer profile this is easily solved by going to the elite and saying "recover XBOX profile" from the Xboxlive tab. Remember you will need to do this first if you wish to use save games as they are linked to a profile ID

Moogle

Distinguished Member
My understanding is that with the transfer kit you can transfer everything. It is a one time deal and will replace any preloaded content on the Elite's hard drive.

jason g

Distinguished Member
how do u transfer the data if u want an elite but u have to give the premium back?
do u think they would consider letting the person keep the premium hdd until u have swapped the data over and then return the premium hdd?
or can they possibly do it in the shop itself?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
how do u transfer the data if u want an elite but u have to give the premium back?
do u think they would consider letting the person keep the premium hdd until u have swapped the data over and then return the premium hdd?
or can they possibly do it in the shop itself?

If you read the main Elite thread people have posted what they have found out regarding this.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom