1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring current phone number to Vodafone

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Toby1976, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Toby1976

Toby1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    First time poster here. Be kind :hiya:

I ordred a new phone from Vodafone on friday, which arrived today. I wanted to keep my number that I have on O2, but the Vodafone telesales people are telling me that I should have told them that from the start and provided a PAC code.

I now have this code, but Vodafone say it's too late and that I am stuck with the new number they created for the account. I don't want to have to contact everybody I know to tell them I have a new number if I don't need to. Has anybody that has transferred their number to Vodafone got any tips for me? I am rapidly losing my patience with their customer service line too (going through numerous menus and getting cut off, etc).

Is there anything I can do to sort this mess out? I don't really want to cancel the phone and order a new one as I have it now. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Can anybody help please?

2. Robbee

Robbee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never had that problem!! When I got my phone I didn't have a PAC code, they just told me I would need to get it and tell them, which I duly did without any problems! How long was it between getting your phone and ringing them with the PAC code??